• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New arrival came home today

Introducing Maisie. We bought her home today and she's adorable, already a little distructo-bun. I've already got my worry head on, we've been home about 3 hours and she hasn't weed or pooed :shock: i won't settle until shes done that. So here she is
IMG00610-20110507-1047.jpg

SDC10878.jpg

SDC10876.jpg

SDC10877.jpg

Awww!

I brought my two home last night and they didn't wee or poo for ages but this morning the cage was full of poo and litter box had been used.
Hope this helps :)

she is cute:love:
Did the place you got her from give you some of her usual food?
Also what did they keep her on? Some bunnies if they've been used to peeing on shavings or hay..then are put into a fleece covered cage won't pee/poo
So may be good to give her a bit the same until she has settled
Also maybe cover half her cage with a sheet to give her some privacy again until she has settled a bit..make sure she doesn't chew/eat the fabric you cover her with though
Good luck:D

Thanks guys,
Yep i was given a mahoosive bag of pellets which will last a while.
She was in an outside hutch which had woodshavings or sawdust, debating whether to get some for half the cage, but i no its not good for their breathing, what should i do? I did have half the cage covered in blanket but she started eating it :roll:

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4622538 said:
Thanks guys,
Yep i was given a mahoosive bag of pellets which will last a while.
She was in an outside hutch which had woodshavings or sawdust, debating whether to get some for half the cage, but i no its not good for their breathing, what should i do? I did have half the cage covered in blanket but she started eating it :roll:

I have wood shavings down for mine with lots of hay for them to eat and they seem very content :) I have also got a towel in their bedding area..hope this helps :)

I showed your post to hubbs and we've just got back from the pet shop with a load more hay and some dust free wood shavings, so i'm going to do half her cage shavings and hay and leave the blanket on the other side. When i came home she was asleep in the litter tray (Which is full of timothy hay) so i don't think she's too sure about the blankets.

Back