• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Log Cabin! They have moved in!

Nikki26

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

Unfortunately, I am having to move back to my parents at the end of month. I have two rabbits and two (soon to be three guinea pigs) and so I had to think about their new housing before I move as I cannot dismantle where they live at the moment.

After months of discussions, I ordered my new log cabin! It is 10ft x 10ft and I plan to keep both the rabbits and piggies in there (in separate pens of course). My parents then took over and agreed that if they were going to have to put a concrete base down, that they would make a feature out of it so that it will look nice when I move again. Hence the mammoth task began!

This is my parents garden as it was:

Then the huge patio was laid. This was such a massive task and at one stage we had 9 volunteers wheelbarrowing sand to fill the huge hole!)

Then the cabin was painted:

Me:

My mum:

Then we started putting the shed together (easier said than done as we had to take it down once and start again - the silly instructions made no sense!!)

Ta da!!!

Once the shed was up, my mum gave me a present which she had been keeping secret for weeks (My parents house is number 12 hence why this has 12A on it!)

This week my dad has insulated it all and it will be boarded over and the lino was delivered today. My dad has also got all the electrical supplies as the cabin will have its own power supply for lights and heaters. Also, my 9ft by 6ft aviary will be delivered soon so the rabbits will have 24 hour access to that. All of the windows will also be meshed and the glass can be removed and I am hoping that I will have a mesh door as well.

Sorry for the picture overload! I hope you like it! :D

Last edited:
Wow!!! That looks amazing, can't wait to see indoors and everything when it's finished, and the pets paradise sign just tops it off, what lovely parents you've got :D

Pebbles and Barnaby have packed, they just want a date when they can move in :lol: ps: can I come too? :wave:

How fab!
Something the whole family can enjoy, what lovely supportive parents you have. :D

Moved in

Well everybun and piggie moved in this weekend. I had a stressful day making sure that they were all ok and it all went smoothly but I think I can now safely say that I have four very happy animals!!

The aviary arrived:

SDC11732.jpg

Much thought went into the inside of the shed, which is now fully insulated:

SDC11727.jpg

Designing the rabbit pen:

SDC11740.jpg

The rabbit pen. They have got a cat flap out to the run, which is hidden beneath the shelf:

SDC11747-2.jpg

The guinea pig side (I hadnt put any hay in at this point, hence why it was so tidy!!):

SDC11746.jpg

The animals having one final cuddle before being let loose to explore. I apologise for the filthy coat!

SDC11753-1.jpg

SDC11749-1.jpg

Finally, here are Frankie and Dougal exploring. Their have been a few adjustments made already with lino covering the middle shelf and steps.

SDC11759.jpg

:D

Back