• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Things I'm Growing for the bunnies...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Have planted out my beans:
BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole103.jpg

And some sunflowers:
BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole105.jpg

They also have strawberry plants, and lots of pots of nasturtiums and calendula.

I can't wait for the beans to grow bigger so that they can start eating the leaves :lol:

Aw thats brill!! I want!! Gonnd plant the nastershams (cant spell that) and other flowers you sent for my birthday tomorrow. Got 2 terracotta pots and some compost! Bean leaves you say! Didn't know they could have those - what kind of beans?:p

Aw thats brill!! I want!! Gonnd plant the nastershams (cant spell that) and other flowers you sent for my birthday tomorrow. Got 2 terracotta pots and some compost! Bean leaves you say! Didn't know they could have those - what kind of beans?:p

Runner beans - dead easy to grow, and you can plant the nasturtiums and calendula around the bottom of them to save space :)

Don't get too god a compost for the nasturtiums, they grow better in rougher earth.

Runner beans - dead easy to grow, and you can plant the nasturtiums and calendula around the bottom of them to save space :)

Don't get too god a compost for the nasturtiums, they grow better in rougher earth.

Ok thanks! Might grow some around the parsley that Dad mangled last week. (it's starting to grow again). :roll:

Wow looks great. Wish I could do stuff like that.

You could! Runner beans are so easy that they grow without any help :)

You just need a pot to put a few in and some canes and net/string for them to grow up. You get the beans, the bunnies get the leaves and stalks :lol:

We grew carrots in tubs last year the carrots were very tiny, but the rabbits loved the tops and we kept a continuous supply going for months, also Basil in pots, you have now inspired me (well I'm going to ask hubby) to dig a veg patch:D

We grew carrots in tubs last year the carrots were very tiny, but the rabbits loved the tops and we kept a continuous supply going for months, also Basil in pots, you have now inspired me (well I'm going to ask hubby) to dig a veg patch:D

Go for it!

I've got carrots growing in plastic troughs - like you, it's more for the t ops for the bunnies than the actual carrots :lol:

And when I but pots of basil and parsley from the supermarket I plant them out in big pots, in a sheltered place, and they grow really well :)

And my mum's roses provide plenty of petals and leaves :lol::lol::lol:

Have planted out my beans:
BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole103.jpg

And some sunflowers:
BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole105.jpg

They also have strawberry plants, and lots of pots of nasturtiums and calendula.

I can't wait for the beans to grow bigger so that they can start eating the leaves :lol:

Lovely healthy plants. Are the calendula OK in pots as I have managed to grow 20 from seed and there won't be enough space in the garden. I always do too much :roll:

Lovely healthy plants. Are the calendula OK in pots as I have managed to grow 20 from seed and there won't be enough space in the garden. I always do too much :roll:

Yes, they grow anywhere :lol:

I tend to put mine in pots because there's never enough room left in the flower beds, and they really spread and flourish :)

The buns will love it. :D

I planted some nasturtiums a while back and I can't believe they've actually started to grow. :shock: They took a while, I was starting to think I'd killed them all. :lol:

I sowed some calendula yesterday around the herbs. :thumb:

Dad would not be best pleased if I started feeding strawberry and bean leaves though!

Back