• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of Accommodation

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
For RAW (Rabbit Awareness Week in the UK) my RSPCA have asked me to do something to promote rabbit welfare and I thought accommodation might be a good thing to focus on (got other stuff too, but minimal for accommodation).

I'm looking for pictures of people's accommodation's that are large if outside (so shed's and runs, aviary's, walk in enclosures, hutches and runs, etc), and if inside, are large and the bunnies have their own personal space (so large NIC Grid cages, bunny rooms, bases- like dog crates- and then puppy pen attachments, etc).

Also, I'm looking to put together a display at the Centre showing good examples of accommodation and suggestions for what people can do for their bunnies. I may also include them in the Info pack in due course.

If anyone has any pictures of their accommodation that they are willing for me to use, could you please e-mail me at therabbitlady@googlemail.com attaching the picture/s? (i.e. don't reply on the thread, I need everything saved in my e-mail inbox so that I can show the appropriate people who may ask).

Also, could you please copy and paste and add your name on the following statement (potentially deleting bits if you don't want your pictures used for one situation, but are willing for the other) and put that in the e-mail too.

'I, (insert name), give permission for these pictures to be used by RSPCA Suffolk East and Ipswich Branch to help promote Rabbit Awareness Week, and also used to help to inform and educate people about different types of suitable rabbit accommodation that are available.

Signed

(insert name)'.

Thanks guys. We have some awesome set ups here, it would be lovely if I could sue them to give people ideas.

Last edited:
Will send you some tomorow when Iv'e tidied it up, everythngs looked like a bombshit because I rejigged some of there toys, tables and chairs around and clearly they didnt like it :lol:

That would be awesome, thanks :)

I have a couple of weeks before RAW, and for the displays at the Centre I can add to it as and when.

Ours is just a kitchen with a litterbox and rabbit toys everywhere, don't know if that's helpful really but I can take close up shots of bunny proofed areas if you like?

Would you like a pic of the garden? :wave:

Thanks, I have pictures of your garden though :)

We're trying to encourage people to look at large secure accommodation for their bunnies. What you have and do works very well for you, helped by the fact that you have good knowledge on bunnies and so do the whole thing 'right'.

I would be worried that if we promoted a setup like yours to people who didn't know or understand rabbits and and didn't know the 'rules' and didn't spay/neuter, or know their garden was safe, or whatever, we might promote only half a message, which might encourage irresponsibility.

Hope that doesn't sound rude or anything because I love your garden :D

Ours is just a kitchen with a litterbox and rabbit toys everywhere, don't know if that's helpful really but I can take close up shots of bunny proofed areas if you like?

That would be awesome thanks. Inside is as important as outside :)

I've just emailed some of our aviary/hutch set up, hope they're the type of thing you're looking for and can help. Jo x

Thanks, I have pictures of your garden though :)

We're trying to encourage people to look at large secure accommodation for their bunnies. What you have and do works very well for you, helped by the fact that you have good knowledge on bunnies and so do the whole thing 'right'.

I would be worried that if we promoted a setup like yours to people who didn't know or understand rabbits and and didn't know the 'rules' and didn't spay/neuter, or know their garden was safe, or whatever, we might promote only half a message, which might encourage irresponsibility.

Hope that doesn't sound rude or anything because I love your garden :D

Aw of course not, and I'm sure you're right. With one or two variables changed ie by an inexperienced owner, my set up could be much less ideal :wave: I'm very lucky and what I have is probably unique :love:

Aw of course not, and I'm sure you're right. With one or two variables changed ie by an inexperienced owner, my set up could be much less ideal :wave: I'm very lucky and what I have is probably unique :love:

Thank you for understanding *breathes sigh of relief* :lol: We just have to be ultra careful, that's all :) Whatever you have, unique or not, is wonderful. Its what I would love to have. :love:

Thank you for understanding *breathes sigh of relief* :lol: We just have to be ultra careful, that's all :) Whatever you have, unique or not, is wonderful. Its what I would love to have. :love:

Hehe that's fine. I just went out to check with the buns and they say they like it too ;) :lol::lol:

Back