• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding and pet shop bun i have fallen in love with

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
Hi

soo Ash is at present a lone bun due to the death of her daughter/friend, anyway I have been thinking a lot about getting ash a friend, and on my way home thought about what i'm going to say to my mum to convince her about getting ash a friend, well we had to go to our local pet shop for some hutch spray, and i saw the most georgous lop :love::love::love: I am in love :love::love::love::love::love: it is georgous!!! butt..... I had planned to get a rescue and ask the rescue to bond for us :) But I just think this little bunny would be great it seems friendly and very handle friendly, so as we came out i mentioned how ash would benefit from a friend and i think having one would be great for her and she looks so lonely just alone,mum seemed interested and thought ash did seem lonely, however not totally convinced , it seems likely though and I feel bad as it is not a rescue, however the pet shop has recently done out the shop and the hutches for the pets are considerably big (about 5-6ft), I was wondering would a rescue bond two buns who i haven't adopted or would I have to do it myself I don't feel confident about bonding them.

thanks in advance
Ash&crystal

There are some resues in the area who will bond for you for a donation, whether or not you get the bunnies from them. I dont know if farplace does but Im sure bunnyburrows in richmond does.

Its good you didn't buy this bunny on impulse, so very well done to you :)

I think that you need to consider what you will do with this bunny if s/he didn't bond with Ash. If the whole point is to get Ash a friend, then presumably you'll only want a bunny who does bond with Ash?

Also, I'm guessing Ash is spayed (or neutered?)? If not, this needs to be done before bringing another bunny into your house, especially a pet shop bun (who are often missexed).

I really respect that you're thinking this through and looking at your options. :thumb:

Its good you didn't buy this bunny on impulse, so very well done to you :)

I think that you need to consider what you will do with this bunny if s/he didn't bond with Ash. If the whole point is to get Ash a friend, then presumably you'll only want a bunny who does bond with Ash?

Also, I'm guessing Ash is spayed (or neutered?)? If not, this needs to be done before bringing another bunny into your house, especially a pet shop bun (who are often missexed).

I really respect that you're thinking this through and looking at your options. :thumb:

Yep ash is spayed :) Yeah after researching sexing bunnies a lot!! when ash had babies i sexed those :) so hopefully I might be able to sex this one :)

Yep ash is spayed :) Yeah after researching sexing bunnies a lot!! when ash had babies i sexed those :) so hopefully I might be able to sex this one :)

It can be a practiced art, for sure. :lol: Don't discount the issues about bonding though, that's something you need to think hard about. A particular gender is not guaranteed to bond, its down to the buns' personalities and if they work together.

It can be a practiced art, for sure. :lol: Don't discount the issues about bonding though, that's something you need to think hard about. A particular gender is not guaranteed to bond, its down to the buns' personalities and if they work together.

Yeah, I'm already thinking of options if it doesnt work out , I would most likely keep the bun and house it sepratley :)

I don't know it seems that I need to but convincing the parents is the problem :(

If you're looking at what is best for Ash, then maybe its worth going to a rescue for help so that you don't have the issue of them not getting on and then having two lonely bunnies?

I know it can be difficult when you see a bunny and fall in love, but remember your situation is about who Ash likes, not primarily who you like.

If you're looking at what is best for Ash, then maybe its worth going to a rescue for help so that you don't have the issue of them not getting on and then having two lonely bunnies?

I know it can be difficult when you see a bunny and fall in love, but remember your situation is about who Ash likes, not primarily who you like.

Thanks, your right it's about ash not who i like who's best for her :) I will be looking into rescues close to me and go have a look :D

Well done for making the choices whilst putting Ash's welfare first. She's lucky to have you :)

Back