• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did someone mention a shortage of myxi vaccines?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I am sure I remember reading something on here like that :?

Anyway our vet has just rung to cancel all the vacs we had booked for tomorrow as they can't get the vaccines in :(

they are hoping to have some more in next week but am a little worried now

That was me, but that was back in February. I think my vet thought they would be sorted before now.

I hope your vets can get the vaccines ASAP for your crew and other people's bunnies.

I am sure I remember reading something on here like that :?

Anyway our vet has just rung to cancel all the vacs we had booked for tomorrow as they can't get the vaccines in :(

they are hoping to have some more in next week but am a little worried now

Gosh that is worrying :?

I've got 8 booked for next week , vets haven't mentioned anything

No ours never said anything when we booked them earlier in the week. They rang literally an hour ago to cancel for the morning :( Their suppliers didn't put any in with their drug order as they didn't have any :?

Bit annoyed but I am hoping it will be sorted later in the week. If the shortage was back in February then hopefully its nothing to worry about

No ours never said anything when we booked them earlier in the week. They rang literally an hour ago to cancel for the morning :( Their suppliers didn't put any in with their drug order as they didn't have any :?

Bit annoyed but I am hoping it will be sorted later in the week. If the shortage was back in February then hopefully its nothing to worry about

Maybe it was just a stuff up with the order as opposed to anything bigger?

That's a pain in the bum - at least they rang today though, rather than you carting the buns down there tomorrow and finding out (which is probably what would happen if it was me :roll::lol:).

I hope it's just a temporary glitch.

It was a one off I believe and the manufacturers denied any shortage at the time.

They did. My vets rang as I told them the rumour that was going round :oops::oops: The manufacturers said that they were having a big push on encouraging vaccinations and they wouldn't do that if there was a shortage. It didn't stop my vets putting a big order in just in case.

They did. My vets rang as I told them the rumour that was going round :oops::oops: The manufacturers said that they were having a big push on encouraging vaccinations and they wouldn't do that if there was a shortage. It didn't stop my vets putting a big order in just in case.

I wonder if there are different places that supply it, and whether that was the issue. I wouldn't say it was a rumour because my vet was pretty stressed about it. I get no one else appeared to struggle, but they definitely were.

Maybe National Vaccination Month has got off to such a roaring start, they've run out. :shock:

Maybe National Vaccination Month has got off to such a roaring start, they've run out. :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: You have a point, they are offering £10 off for a vaccination course in May, knowing our vet they probably don;t want to loose money :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: You have a point, they are offering £10 off for a vaccination course in May, knowing our vet they probably don;t want to loose money :lol:

:lol::lol: They'll be out of stock for the whole of May and, suprise surprise, be able to fit you in on 1st June once the offer's finished.

I wonder if there are different places that supply it, and whether that was the issue. I wouldn't say it was a rumour because my vet was pretty stressed about it. I get no one else appeared to struggle, but they definitely were.

Sorry, my wording sounded like I was trivialising it, I described it to my vets as coming from a 'reliable and trusted source' at the time, as I know you would only have mentioned it if you felt there was a genuine problem. It was really weird at that time and I know I worried about it. I've got two due mid July but the others have been done recently, it won't stop me worrying again that it could happen. I can't bear the idea of them not being vaccinated.

Last edited:
OH took ours for their myxi vacs on Tuesday. When he got there, the vet said to the receptionist 'oops - we're down to our last two of these' and asked the receptionist to order more for the next day and re-book all others booked in that day. It seemed an oversight rather than a shortage - could it just have been something like that?

We had 25 done mid April - they just made sure they ordered them for us the week before & there was no problems :)

We had 10 done just before the bank holidays without a problem and were taking the second batch of bunnies up to be done today.

They do order them in advance for us but this time the order didn't turn up:?

Hopefully it will be sorted quickly and we can get them done asap :)

Last edited:
Back