• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Farming

janice

Wise Old Thumper
You & Yours Radio 4 Monday 9th starting 12 noon; one of the topics is Rabbit Farming; something made popular by recent tv cooks. MMC is asking everyone to please contact the progamme with your views via http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/you-and-yours/contact-us/ or call the BBC on 03700 100 400. We have already seen the fall-out and welfare crisis this activity can cause. Please help get the welfare message across and contact the BBC.

I will definitely contact the BBC

I'll send them some pics of Bobbie taken when Theo Rescued her from a Meat Rabbit Farm

Noted will certainly uncharacteristically :p have something to say. Thanks for highlighting it.

Thanks for the link and info. I'm not sure what to put in my message apart from the fact that I think farming rabbits is as disgusting as other would find farming cats and dogs. My brain is mush.

Which recent tv chefs made it popular? :shock:

Hugh Fernly Whittingstall is one of the eeeeeejits! Nigella is another I believe:roll: I suppose we should be grateful Gordon vile Ramsey didn't breed them and slaughter them on TV:evil:

Hugh Fernly Whittingstall is one of the eeeeeejits! Nigella is another I believe:roll: I suppose we should be grateful Gordon vile Ramsey didn't breed them and slaughter them on TV:evil:

I saw it the other night, when he and the farmer went round his garden shooting them and then didnt stop going on about them being vermin etc.

I had to turn it over.

:evil:

I saw it the other night, when he and the farmer went round his garden shooting them and then didnt stop going on about them being vermin etc.

I had to turn it over.

:evil:

I think the term vermin is more appropriately used when describing some so-called men! I suppose despite their super intelligence they are unable to secure their crops from the ferocious predatory wild rabbits!

God I can't stand him. Pompus tiny weinered curly haired fudgenut! :evil:

news-17-06-09-image-12-240706361.jpg

Just look at him!! Surely the fact he wants to eat rabbits would put people off!?!?!

God I can't stand him. Pompus tiny weinered curly haired fudgenut! :evil:

news-17-06-09-image-12-240706361.jpg

Just look at him!! Surely the fact he wants to eat rabbits would put people off!?!?!

In fairness I think now he is backtracking and supporting the 'organic' process, he is as most chefs are against intensive farming of rabbits and most other animals, given the choice I'm sure most if not all chefs would prefer there to be only organic meat from high welfare standards, pity they don't do more campaigning for it really when they are promoting the latest fad ;)

I've never listened to radio 4 before, it's a bit strange atm they have some sort of radio drama which I think is supposed to be comedy :?

Its on now :evil: the chap who is opening the farms is speaking - clearly he is a liar! I think that was completely bizarre - the CIWF lady did a relatively good job considering the 'farmer' was floundering, at best he is clueless, at worst he is a devious liar trying to deflect interest so he can go ahead and set up hell holes all over the UK.

Last edited:
Back