• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with new set-up please

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
:wave:

Dizzi and Rascal are back outside but I'm struggling to decide which is the best set up for them - as in what goes where.

They're not eating much hay and won't eat from a manger (only from their litter tray or just a big pile of hay on the floor of the hutch).

The upstairs door on the right is where their litter tray currently is, but they're not spending much time in it really and I wondered if they didn't like not being able to see out (there is no partition between the areas, just the doors are different).

They spend a lot of their time during the afternoons sat upstairs in the hutch (where Dizzi is on the pic) but then the remainder of their time either bombing round the run or sitting by their grass patch.

The bottom room with the door is fully carpeted and was intended to be their bedroom but so far all they do is run in it, run round it then back out again!

Given the above, do you have any advice on how would be best to arrange things (bowls, litter trays, snuggle hut etc)?

(I've already had a change-round)!

Photo2073.jpg

Photo2125.jpg

Photo2154.jpg

It looks lovely :)

I find with my bunnies that I can set the hutch area up however I like - they will just come along and re-arrange things the way they want :lol:

If your like eating hay on the top floor then have a hay pile in there :)

Mine like to sleep in a variety of places, so I don't class any specific area as the bedroom (let alone any areas I choose :lol:)

Blackberry & Co

It looks lovely :)

I find with my bunnies that I can set the hutch area up however I like - they will just come along and re-arrange things the way they want :lol:

If your like eating hay on the top floor then have a hay pile in there :)

Mine like to sleep in a variety of places, so I don't class any specific area as the bedroom (let alone any areas I choose :lol:)

Blackberry & Co

Thanks, I'm finding this too! I was hoping that after being indoors for the winter, they'd really like a fully carpeted bedroom ..... but noooo, they sit out in the run all night!

Do yours all go in for bed-time or do they stay out?

Mine have a hay filled tray in the hutch and the run so that they have access to it wherever the feel like sitting.

Thanks, I'm finding this too! I was hoping that after being indoors for the winter, they'd really like a fully carpeted bedroom ..... but noooo, they sit out in the run all night!

Do yours all go in for bed-time or do they stay out?

Mine have the hutch open in the aviary, and access to their own little gardens. I have shutters on the top of the aviary panels, and tarps over the rest. They can come and go as they please, then.

I have a feeling that Dan & Clo sleep in the litter tray out in the aviary :roll:

And Butters sleeps in his hay pile up in the hutch during the day, and in his hay pile under the ledge at night :lol:

Thanks guys, only changed a couple of things and put some hay in the run as well as the hutch and they seem to be eating more.

They're probably still settling in too so will see how we go now! :D

I've given up trying to get mine to use certain areas for specific things, they will just do wat they want regardless! I wanted them to have the solid doored bit as their bedroom so they had somewhere cosy to snuggle up in the winter but no matter what i put in there it just ends up their upstairs toilet :roll: unless it's raining they spend 99% of their time downstairs out in the run.

I think as long as they have got a hidey hole, somewhere comfy-cosy and some food all available thats the best you can do, where they choose to spend their time is ultimately up to them even if to us it looks a strange choice :lol:

Back