• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting buns

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
So little Orla has been moulting heavily since Feb with no sign of it ever stopping!

Rodge has also started to moult.

They both cant stand being brushed, is it ok to leave them to it? Droppings/appetite/drinking is all normal. I check for matts on Orla but theres nothing.

Am I a bad mummy for leaving them all scruffy looking? :oops:

Mine don't like being brushed either, I just try to run my hands through to encourage the loose hairs out.

Have you tried stroking them with wet hands? That can get loads of the hair out.

I do my best with Biccy, but he hates being brushed.

Ginger's such a girly girl, she'll just let me lol.

I leave him as much as i can, but i do 'pluck' him for big tufts!

Frodo seems to like to lick the brush whilst I try to brush him :lol: and Jet just sits there not really paying any attention.

I can't believe how much fur comes off of them - my bf always shouts at me because I let them sleep on the bed and of course it gets covered in fur..ooops :D

You might be able to get a lot off just by stroking them. I worry that they may form hairballs if they swallow a lot of it whilst cleaning themselves so that's why I always try to get as much off as I can - but then I am probably too ott with them. :( xx

I pull the tufts of hair out and I oddly enjoy it! :lol:

Since the buns are back outside, they rarely come near me now for a cuddle or to be stroked. :( Lovely to see them enjoying the outdoors though. :)

Ill leave them be for the moment but if they get any more scuffy.....ill have to get the brush out! Dont want passerbys thinking I neglect my buns! :lol:

Mine don't like being brushed either, I just try to run my hands through to encourage the loose hairs out.

Have you tried stroking them with wet hands? That can get loads of the hair out.

:) That's exactly what I do with mine and it works a treat. To be fair, I'm having to keep them there by bribing them with pellets or herbs - or I sometimes do it when they're eating their hay - but it gets the important job done.

I definitely need to give my 2 a helping hand as it would definitely cause problems otherwise.

Back