• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Billy freaked out at the vets this morning

Candiflare

Mama Doe
as his VHD jab went in he started turning in tight circles, rolling on the ground, screaming :( :( :(

Vet thought he'd had a bad reaction to the jab but turned out he hadn't, he was just terrified.

I only adopted him from Alice in December so it's the first vac he's had with me. Poor Bilson :(

:( :( :(

He's okay now... Ruby is obsessively licking his neck where the injection went in. I swear they talk to each other.

I would keep a close eye on the injection site. I would not be surprised to see a marked local skin reaction.

How horrendous for both of you. I hope that he doesn't have a reaction to it, but agree you should watch closely.

Billy........................Estelle also ex. Windwhistle bunny, sends lots of love. Even after being with me for 2 years, she is still a scaredy bunny at times.

Hugs to the gang.

Now he's gone all snuffly again with white snot coming out of his nose... Any hint of stress and he goes snuffly and I start to hear his breathing sounding like a fog horn... every time he breathes out.

Why does this happen? Is it just stress?

Now he's gone all snuffly again with white snot coming out of his nose... Any hint of stress and he goes snuffly and I start to hear his breathing sounding like a fog horn... every time he breathes out.

Why does this happen? Is it just stress?

Smudge gets a flare up in times of stress to. Hope it settles and that you both are ok.

xx

Aw, how terrible, poor little bunster. Hope everything is fine now, has he had his mixi yet. I really feel for you, hope it get easier.

That sounds horrid, poor Billy, he wont want to go to the V.E.T. again soon. :(
Could you get the vet to cover his eyes next time, my vet did it to Jacob when he had his and it calmed him down.

Oh my! I hope you are both ok! How scary! The worse I ever get is a scamble and a thump from my guys, I wouldnt be able to cope if they reacted like that!! :(

^hugs^

Back