• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like the worst bunny owner ever...

TickTock

Alpha Buck
Today watching my little Tiggi running about, I saw that she was limping very badly, holding up her whole back foot and scooting about on 3 legs.

Caught her and brought her in for a check over. Couldnt find anything wrong with the back leg. Suddenly I felt a sharp thing just under her shoulder, went to look and... A huge wound was there! Bone, muscle and puss :cry:

Took her straight to the Vets. Vet thinks she must of done it a few days ago, luckly its not anywhere near as bad as it could of been. Tiggi's daughters have been cleaning it for her thankfully.

And the Vet wanted to see if it would heal itself rather than put her under and try to sew it together.

Shes been brought in for the night, she misses the other rabbits terribly though.

I feel like the worst owner for not seeing it sooner though. Shes been acting normally for the last few days. Eating, pooping etc fine. Even Binkying! Only today that her foot as sudeenly gotten bad (vet can't see anything wrong with it).

I hate to think could of happened if I hadn't of found it :( She quite fluffy and has a lot of loose skin (from her pregancy) but I should of seen it :cry:

Sorry guys feel terrible at the mo :cry:

oh hun, I'm so sorry.
It's easy enough for stuff like that to go under the radar, I certainly don't give my bunnies a thorough search for wounds every day! If it was all hidden under fur and excess skin and she was behaving totally normally I see how you could have missed it. It sounds horrific, you'd never expect to find something like that on a bun who is binkying!

At least you've found it now and it's getting sorted - that's what's important :)

oh no, don't feel bad :(

these things happen - if she was acting normal, you can't be expected to know :)
i don't check snowball every day.

least you've caught it now :)

vibes for a speedy recovery :)

Don't feel bad, sometimes we don't even see or find something on ourselves, let alone our pets.

If she was running around as normal, there was no reason for you to see it.

Thanks guys. Makes me feel a little better :) . She's currently laying next to me munching on hay.
Going to let her have a small run around the room. She hasnt had much freedom time today :(

:oops::oops: Sorry realised you said she was limping.

Can I just ask what vet you are using. We moved here in August.

She was normal until today. Not quite sure why her leg suddenly started to be hurting her. She seems quite happy though even now. I think shes glad to be away from the kids! :lol:

I use Redleaves (Feltham hill road). They seem to be very good for rabbits. Never had any issues with them yet, though the Vet had no clue what Binkying was :lol:

She was normal until today. Not quite sure why her leg suddenly started to be hurting her. She seems quite happy though even now. I think shes glad to be away from the kids! :lol:

I use Redleaves (Feltham hill road) they are very good for rabbits. Never had any issues with them yet, though the Vet had no clue what Binkying was :lol:

Thats fine we used the the one on Staines East Road, well it is Staines something Road but had to change.

I didn't know what binkying was until I joined here. And I have had bunnies for 12 years.

Thats fine we used the the one on Staines East Road, well it is Staines something Road but had to change.

I didn't know what binkying was until I joined here. And I have had bunnies for 12 years.

I tried to explain it to her and she looked very confused :lol: Don't think she really understood what I meant.

I've had the same Vets for years since its the same one we used to take my Nan's cat to before he died.

Poor darling! Has she had metacam?

She hasnt no :? The vet didnt give her anything save for the Baytril. She seems okay though. Being as nosey as ever. Though I am wondering why no metacam.
I'll be honest and say I just wanted to shoot home and get her back. OH did all the talking etc.

Tiggi seems a bit brighter today. :D Eating, pooping fine. She wants to go out and free range in the garden though. Or see her babies and Ping.

Gotta eat the wound in a bit and give her the meds. She wont like that.

Don't feel bad, it's easy to miss these things!

Glad Tiggi's doing so well. Sending lots of vibes for a quick recovery xx

Back