• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

i am going to ask vets for pheno pills again..epiphens awful

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
berties only been on epiphen a few doses...it stinks..its soo bitter it makes baytril taste like honey!!

i know..i tasted it....and it made my lip go numb......it smells like nothing on earth..take your nostril linings off!!

its been sooo stressful for bertie...i do not want to make him more stressed...it defeats the bloomin object..he will have a seizure from the stress:(

i know if they have to up the dose then the epiphen is more exact in measurements.

but bertie was so happy taking his pills wrapped in a treat...no problem.....this is awful.

hes been extra wobbly since he started.....and no i dont want to give it a go for longer...i know bertie better.

so hes having epiphen tonite...the morning...and i will phone the vets in the morning...and ask for phenobarb pills and i will give them the epiphen....i cant have my old man stressing out like this.

i rang the vets..saski agreed it sounded like too much stress for him.....but is worried because to up or lower the dose with pills is impossible...only the epiphen. I said id cross that bridge when we came to it.

so berties back on his pills...wrapped in a treat...what a good boy:love:

hes not as wobbly as he was...i thought it was the usual prefit wobbles but now i think it was the epiphen as its like bloomin surgical spirit without the smell if you cath my drift...yuk.
i think its uspet his tummy too..that combined with the storm..he did a huge long paste like poo in his sleep..it was awful...i cleaned it up as best i could..he got a bit stuck on his thigh..but weve got that off too now.

poor old boy.

i know epiphen has been used in other buns.....but this is worse than the baytril fiasco!!

least i wasnt told it was too soon..give it time.....no they swapped it right over for me....and agreed it would be better as its less stressful for him...and me!!

Pleased to hear your big softie is much happier having his pills back, that's really good your vet is taking everything into consideration and prescribing what is right for him x

VICKY :love: surprised to see you here..your little man is growing so fast xx

thank you hun...yes im lucky i guess she didnt force me...she and i take our lead from bertie himself. some vets wont do that:(

i had a massive seizure tonight...luckily id gone to bed.....i went downstairs after about an hour after it had finished and medicated him and fed all the furrys...woke nikki up to tell her too. bertie came back to me and made a fuss of me...think he knew and how i was feeling poor old soul.
I hate how it makes me feel..i hate to think how it affects him.

Back