• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you play and interact with your rabbits?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
I love my bunnies, they are very friendly which is good!

But I don't know how to play with them? I talk to them, feed them etc and they have lots of free range time and often follow me and come up to me. But I don't know what they want - do you understand me? Do I stroke them, or try and interest them in their toys?

Not sure how to interact how they would like best :)

I lay on the floor with my two a lot, usually getting used as a climbing frame, getting sniffed at and washed, sometimes even a face lick :love:

I sit and talk to Buckley, he grooms me, lets me stroke him, climbs on me. If I stand up he copies me and stands on his back legs.
Most of the time it's him running around exploring, slipping and sliding all over the place, trying to wriggle into places he shouldn't.

Initially I just sat in his room with him and let him explore. I bribed him with food for stroking rights :oops: I put out my hand with some pellets and while he was munching I stroked him. Works with grooming too.

We can only get him interested in anything other than tunnels/ climbing things if we rub pellet crumbs all over them. No noms no play.
He enjoys a few rounds of hide and seek too :)

Awwwww, your bunnies are gorgeous! Is that them as babies with uppy ears, and then grown ups with loppy ears in your siggy? :love::love::love:

Awwwww, your bunnies are gorgeous! Is that them as babies with uppy ears, and then grown ups with loppy ears in your siggy? :love::love::love:

lol yeah, thanks :) - they're only 12 weeks now, but their ears are down - unless they get excited then they pop back up again! They're a right pair of cuties.

Thanks everyone.

They do sometimes jump up onto the sofa with me, but don't stay for long - unless they think I have food! Just like Buckley I reckon! If I lie on my stomach on the floor they hop on my ankles and run up to sit on my neck which is kind of cute lol. I just wasn't sure if there was anything more I could do to encourage them to have fun when they're out of their cage. Sometimes they'll just laze around for hours and then it's bedtime and they've not really stretched their legs much - I don't think anyway, but I suppose all that wandering around is good exercise!

Back