• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Show me your dog crates?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Okay so im moving bedrooms and hopefully getting Matilda and Gracie re bonded once their both spayed!

Clearly the normal indoor cage(with pen) I have now is not going to be big enough for both of them!

so I want to get them a dog crate! im thinking a medium sized one atm, but im sure on how much room I will have free in my new room tho I no it can fit the indoor cage I have now which is about 120cm

They will also have free range in my room when im in their, and possibily options of getting a perminant play pen attached, depending on the space left

was wondering those of you who have them could you post pics, and would a medium one be big enough, a mini lop and mini lop cross, as their base!

I also want to know how you attached shelfs etc? Also were did u get yours from?

xxx

Last edited:
PICT0025.jpg

She's only just moved into it. It's a 48 inch one, and over the next few days we are going to build another level because it's so high! I got it off ebay for £42 :) It's 121cm long so the same as your current one really but it really is very tall :)

We're planning on putting a piece of wood through the bars at main points for stability and putting a corner one in so it won't get in the way of the door. And so we can take it back out for when we move it back home :)

Last edited:
PICT0025.jpg

She's only just moved into it. It's a 48 inch one, and over the next few days we are going to build another level because it's so high! I got it off ebay for £42 :) It's 121cm long so the same as your current one really but it really is very tall :)

tht looks perfect!! 42 pound wow!! what about pnp i found the pnp is soo expensive for crates on ebay!

Including p&p ! :D I was very happy with it :) The seller was called easipet and it came yesterday after ordering it on the monday :)

I will try and get some pics up but we have 2 XL Dog Cages (not sure of size as away at the mo but look the same as the pics above) on top of each other. At one end we have take the bars off (folded them under the tray) and built up C and C cubes at the end. In the C & C cudes we have built alternative shelves so they have a zig zig jump up from the bottom to the top.

Also at the bottom where the front door is we have aligned a smaller cage which has a large plastic box in which is Dining Room/Toilet. More than enough room for two and doesn't take up too much room in our flat (we have a flat and they have a two story apartment!!! Dunno how that works and Fi won't let me take rent off them :lol::lol: )

Don't use it anymore as it took up too much room and was more difficult to clean inside, it's much easier to sweep a room.

Photo0456-vi.jpg

Mine (its a bit different now, and never this tidy :lol:)

P1030382Small.jpg

P1030381Small.jpg

P1030386Small.jpg

P1030385Small.jpg

P1030384Small.jpg

P1030387Small.jpg

£36.99 incl p&p from ebay :) Brand new.

It's a 48".

ETA: They are only locked in between midnight and 6:30am each day.

Mine (its a bit different now, and never this tidy :lol:)

P1030382Small.jpg

P1030381Small.jpg

P1030386Small.jpg

P1030385Small.jpg

P1030384Small.jpg

P1030387Small.jpg

£36.99 incl p&p from ebay :) Brand new.

It's a 48".

ETA: They are only locked in between midnight and 6:30am each day.

oo thats looks really good! i think instead of putting a second level in mine i might find somthing that fits inside to give it another level, like i duno a stool or bench, tho the right shape and size to fit half the cage!

and yh mine will only be away at night if they can just on my bed lol! if they can't they will be out 24/7

This was Storm's crate when he was an indoor bun

DSC00352.jpg

From recollection it was 48in. Storm is 2.4Kg so either a big mini lop or a small dwarf lop :) I made the shelf by fixing pieces of wood cross ways and resting this frame on the mesh walls of the crate and then securing a piece of mdf to that. He didn't have a ramp. I did give him a little house that he could jump on as a step up to the top floor but he was perfectly happy jumping straight from the floor to the shelf :D

This was Storm's crate when he was an indoor bun

DSC00352.jpg

From recollection it was 48in. Storm is 2.4Kg so either a big mini lop or a small dwarf lop :) I made the shelf by fixing pieces of wood cross ways and resting this frame on the mesh walls of the crate and then securing a piece of mdf to that. He didn't have a ramp. I did give him a little house that he could jump on as a step up to the top floor but he was perfectly happy jumping straight from the floor to the shelf :D

ahh thts a good way of doing the shelf! tho i dnt think i could do it ha I have nooo DIY skills lmao! i want sometihng like tht tho!! maybe could try it

Our shelf was pretty straightforward really. We just got long strips of wood that would go through the bars and cut to size, threaded them through the bars, put screws either end underneath so they didn't slip off and rested a piece of wood cut to the size of the crate on them.

Back