• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its hurts- UD post 6- can any one help?

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
When you see a bunny you know needs your help, but that you can't take them into your home to actually help them.

Just seeing a particular bunny in a rescue and knowing that she is unlikely to get into her forever home, and her issues will beat her whilst still in a rescue, breaks my heart. She would be such a candidate to come here, but I just don't have the space with me three current fosters.

Last edited:
I know, there are always so many buns that tug at your heart strings and you see one in particular and think "if only". Really hard but as my OH always says you cant help them all and will only make yourself sad thinking about it.

All the bunnies who have needed to come, even temporarily, have come, and normally their life spans are short. I can't even squeeze her and her husbunny here (although potentially could have taken just her before they were rebonded).

Just makes me sad that a bunny needs me and I can't actively help. Sanctuaries are so bursting that even contacting one of them is not going to work. We just need an owner experienced in problems to be willing to take them. Very unlikely, given that those owners are normally fully to bursting like me.

A miriad of problems, but my suspicion would be kidney and bladder issues and something is also affecting her gut, but whether these are the same issue or not, I'm unsure. The rescue can't get the full diagnostics run on her.

A miriad of problems, but my suspicion would be kidney and bladder issues and something is also affecting her gut, but whether these are the same issue or not, I'm unsure. The rescue can't get the full diagnostics run on her.

This beautiful bunny is struggling greatly. My suspicion is that her life is not going to be long unless someone can come to her rescue (and it may be short even then). She is now presenting with the classic boney and protruding spine and large, swollen belly.

She is producing poo that is misshapen and very odd and is als producing a fluid with it. The fluid is staying on her and making her bad end very nasty and she is at high risk of flystrike.

Can anyone help this beautiful girl? (she is likely to be expensive, and also she comes with a bonded friend who is likely to outlive her a long way and he is healthy). We also need someone with extesive experience of special bunnies, and a very good vet.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, the poor girl :cry:

Unfortunately I have a full house here myself (aswell as being in a different country :oops:) but I so hope that she gets the devoted, knowledgeable forever home she so desperately needs xxxxxxx

Sending her trillions of vibes and nose rubs xxxxxxxxxxx

Ipswich.

If anyone can help, then it would be probably best to approach me, as opposed to the rescue.

Wish I could help :cry:

I just cant take on any more Rabbits :cry:

I know Jane *squishes*. If its any consolation to you, if you were able to then we would be heading your way right now because you would be an awesome home. But I know you're at your limit so there's no worries at all :)

For the past 2 years there has been a huge rabbit in a fair sized open top glass enclosure being sold as a house rabbit in p@h :( It started at £80 and is now £60 :( It kills me and my bf everytime we go in :( If we had our own place we wouldn't hesitate buying the poor thing because it looks so sad :( When we went in today I looked at the new bunnies and piggies and they looked WAY to young to be there :(

They were choosing some new toys for the big bunny but the poor poor thing just lay there :( It's honestly heart breaking :( And when choosing the tous they broke a load of them and just put them back :roll: :censored: stupid people..

I think if they had litter trained the bunny, it would have gone by now :( Also being a house rabbit, the only people that go into our p@h are people who was to occupy their kids and in the process, probably ruin an animals life because they'd just be ignored.

There were also 2 rabbits in the adoption bit and one was a gorgeous white male who was 12 years old :( The other was a 12 month old female.. They have hay and things but are in glass boxes essentially.. like Dobbies... But have even less room :( It's very sad :( The hamsters and rats don't have wheels or they are too small for them.. The degus had hardly any toys although they actually had a wheel that time.. But the chinchillas had a box and a dangly rope thing.. Brilliant.... :evil:

Could you extra-advertise your fosters,so they could go to new homes to make some space?

Sorry I can't help - I would shy away from illnesses tbh cos I'm not that knowledgable about them, & I'm all about fixing finances now my outgoings have dropped to a number I can type:cry:

Could you extra-advertise your fosters,so they could go to new homes to make some space?

Sorry I can't help - I would shy away from illnesses tbh cos I'm not that knowledgable about them, & I'm all about fixing finances now my outgoings have dropped to a number I can type:cry:

Two of my foster have a home, pending their bonding, but we don't know when.

We're really, really struggling to rehome any bunnies at the moment. I've exhausted all my possibilities for what else I can try, to be honest.

I think I know who this little lady is. I'd already found her and she's on my lotto-win list. I'd have them both in an instant if I had the space and money. :(

Fingers crossed for a lotto win on Saturday xx

Back