• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do i go about finding a rescue bun????

loulabell

Warren Scout
Can i please have some advice about how to go about finding a wife for my male mowgli?
i was trying to bond him into my quad but i found it all to stressfull, thay got on ok for the first 24 hours and then some big fights broke out and i was scared of breaking the bond that my 4 already had so i gave up, so he's back to being a single bun :(.
i would like to find him a rescue bun possibly from some where that do/help with bonding, but i need to do some work on the playhouse where he is currently living, would i have to do this before a home check? i would'nt want to move him back in the playhouse untill he was bonded so it was all neutral as i want to board it out and lino the floor, do you have to ring a rescue and tell them what your looking for or do you just turn up?? Any help/advice would be greatfully appreciated.

If you're interested in adopting from us we don't do the bonding, but I always offer to help people if they want/need my help. I'd be happy to make an appointment to meet you at the Centre if you wished. Currently we only have Squeak as a single female, and then Pixie and Daffodil (both females) who might make a very night trio with a boy. Equally, we could keep you 'on our books' and look to locate a female who potentially could be appropriate.

You could...

...ring your local rescue, explain your requirements, and see what they suggest

...or, look for a specific rabbit here:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search_form.asp

then contact the rescue and say you're interested.

I wouldn't just turn up as you don't know whether they'll be in or not. ;) Or whether they'll be busy with something they can't break off from.

If you're interested in adopting from us we don't do the bonding, but I always offer to help people if they want/need my help. I'd be happy to make an appointment to meet you at the Centre if you wished. Currently we only have Squeak as a single female, and then Pixie and Daffodil (both females) who might make a very night trio with a boy. Equally, we could keep you 'on our books' and look to locate a female who potentially could be appropriate.

Hi sky-0
im hoping to come to your open day on the 21st of may, maybe we could have a chat then if your going to be around?? squeak is :love: i just worry she may be to young for mowgli, hes prob 2ish... and the pair are just lovely but im really only looking for 1 bun as i already have 5 and i've got to be realistic about funds.

Hi sky-0
im hoping to come to your open day on the 21st of may, maybe we could have a chat then if your going to be around?? squeak is :love: i just worry she may be to young for mowgli, hes prob 2ish... and the pair are just lovely but im really only looking for 1 bun as i already have 5 and i've got to be realistic about funds.

No ones told me yet whether or not I'm supposed to be there. :lol::roll: It won't be an ideal day for meeting bunnies though, if you're interested in that.

If he is two, then he is still a young bunny, and she is also obviously a young bunny so it wouldn't raise any concerns with us, as long as they got on. She's about 12-14 weeks now, so it won't be long (maybe another 4-6 weeks depending on how she grows, maybe a bit longer) until she can be spayed. We would adopt her out prior to that but there would be risks with bonding and obviously you would need to ensure she was spayed (we would provide a voucher for this).

All that said, if I'm there on the 21st (should expect that I am, I'll be stationed near the bunnies most likely) it would be awesome to meet you :)

Back