• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy's new boudoir!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
This is Poppy's new house for the next week or so, and the transition from outdoor to indoor is going great :) It's almost as if she hasn't been living outside for the past 4 years! But on Saturday, we will spend her 4th birthday with her living inside :) She's loving it! So much so, that she's actually eaten quite a lot of her carrot! Which is brilliant :) So happy :) And she seems it too! :mrgreen: :rabbit2: Time for another syringe feed in a bit so hopefully she'll be a good girl again lol ^^ Just to ask though; she's licking her pillow a lot and I heard on tv it was because they feel nauseous? And are there any soft foods we can much up and mix with water to put in a syringe? Like a banana or something?? :)

Gonna try and make another level in the next few days for her too so it'll be even better!

PICT0025.jpg

Last edited:
Yay that looks lovely and cosy.

Bunnies can't actually be sick, so I'm not sure about whether they can feel nauseous or not. I guess from their anatomy that they can't, but not sure. Is it her pillow, or does it smell of you? my buns love to lick anything that smells like me, apparently I'm unworthy but any clothes get a thorough loving...:roll:

Banana is okay for buns in small quantities but I wouldn't give too much, can lead to runny poos. What is her current diet with syringe feeding and all her bits of carrot etc :)?

Yay that looks lovely and cosy.

Bunnies can't actually be sick, so I'm not sure about whether they can feel nauseous or not. I guess from their anatomy that they can't, but not sure. Is it her pillow, or does it smell of you? my buns love to lick anything that smells like me, apparently I'm unworthy but any clothes get a thorough loving...:roll:

Banana is okay for buns in small quantities but I wouldn't give too much, can lead to runny poos. What is her current diet with syringe feeding and all her bits of carrot etc :)?

I think it does smell of me actually. I seem to be the only one she jumps on and licks so it might just be love haha :love: She has really bad teeth and we gave her her science selective paste stuff from the vets earlier, will again at 7. But she struggles to eat anything herself so the nibbles she has done on the carrot are brilliant! I'd say a lot but my other rabbit would have finished the whole thing in minutes ^^ We give her soft veg and things, which she licks, but she seems to really get stuck into the harder ones which is odd as her teeth are one their way out :? Salady things seem to go in her mouth, stay in for a bit then come out again :? It's like she gets all the flavor off then moves on :? But I'm really happy with the top of the carrot being munched on :) I would only give half a carrot a week but because she can't really eat them I give her half a fresh one every day to keep her keen ^^

What does she do with stuff like carrot tops, parsley, etc? If those are chopped finely she should be able to snuffle them up and eat those hopefully! What about treats, will she eat those? Silly poppy you can't just suck all the flavour out :roll:!!

What does she do with stuff like carrot tops, parsley, etc? If those are chopped finely she should be able to snuffle them up and eat those hopefully! What about treats, will she eat those? Silly poppy you can't just suck all the flavour out :roll:!!

Thats what I told her! :) She's been gnawing on the carrot really well :) and just tends to try and nibble but ends up licking the other stuff. She's so very picky ^^ We did try and cut things like that up but she didn't really notice it. Maybe with her being inside it won't dry up so quickly and she'll have a go :) We're about to feed her with the syringe now then go get some more veggie and fruity bits for her to try and eat herself :) She has some rabbit popcorn stuff that she loves but every now and then it pops back out of her mouth so we break it up small for her :)

This is Poppy's new house for the next week or so, and the transition from outdoor to indoor is going great :) It's almost as if she hasn't been living outside for the past 4 years! But on Saturday, we will spend her 4th birthday with her living inside :) She's loving it! So much so, that she's actually eaten quite a lot of her carrot! Which is brilliant :) So happy :) And she seems it too! :mrgreen: :rabbit2: Time for another syringe feed in a bit so hopefully she'll be a good girl again lol ^^ Just to ask though; she's licking her pillow a lot and I heard on tv it was because they feel nauseous? And are there any soft foods we can much up and mix with water to put in a syringe? Like a banana or something?? :)

Gonna try and make another level in the next few days for her too so it'll be even better!

PICT0025.jpg

Poppy is adorable :love:

That's the kind of set up I'm looking to pop our Lola in. What size is the cage? Also: where did you get it & how much was it? If you don't mind me asking :)

That's the kind of set up I'm looking to pop our Lola in. What size is the cage? Also: where did you get it & how much was it? If you don't mind me asking :)

:wave: It was £42 inc p&p off ebay but recently they've gone down in price. It's a 48inch one :) she has another level in there now. We got the bigger one as she has to be shut in when we're at work but it's only 5 hours on a thurs and fri :) She sleeps most of the day anyway :lol:

She's probably licking the pillow because she's happy. Rabbits will groom other rabbits and objects when they feel content and comfortable. :)

boudoir

Oh lucky Poppy. I love love love having my wabbits indoors. She is one pretty rabbit. :love:

Back