• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Una (chinchilla) - still no babies

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
This is Una (it means lamb, I chose it because I got her at Easter and the others have Christmassy names).

She is a hetero beige and as you can see from her bulgy tummy she is heavily pregnant - and someone was selling her this way :( I've been thinking of getting another chinnie for a while now and the thought of her and her babies going to the wrong home and being inbred and inbred was just too much to bear.

(I know a lot of people will think it was wrong of me to hand over money for her and I appreciate that but I paid a fraction of what you would normally pay for a chinchilla and she was the only one there when I went, the owners are leaving the country. So please no criticising of this, I don't think I rescued her or anything like that :) just took her out of a bad situation)

Daddy chinchilla was already sold :cry: so she is probably very lonely and confused right now. Daddy was a standard grey and as she is hetero not homo the babies should be 50% of each colour :). This is her third litter and she is only 3 years old :cry: but thankfully it will be her last.

I will be keeping the babies :) and neutering the boys if there are any, but fingers crossed for girls please :D

DSCI13683.jpg

DSCI13663.jpg

DSCI13653.jpg

Thank you. The old owner was just treating her like a toy, flinging her around in a shoe box and saying I could feel the babies :cry: and her flat was boiling hot. She is in very good condition though and very tame so she's obviously been well handled, and she should know what she's doing with the babas :love:

Thank you. The old owner was just treating her like a toy, flinging her around in a shoe box and saying I could feel the babies :cry: and her flat was boiling hot. She is in very good condition though and very tame so she's obviously been well handled, and she should know what she's doing with the babas :love:

:(

I seen her!! Im so glad she ended up with you, I love chins but wouldnt have a clue how to care for them lol xx

I've never had baby chins before but Linda who I adopted my pair from has been so helpful :love: so I feel a little bit prepared! She is very big now and not leaving her nest box so they should be on their way soon :love: you will be able to see them when you come around with the piggies :D

I need to stop looking on Gumtree :oops: but I've got some amazing bargain cages for the hammies off there

Thanks Susie, Gemma and Matty :love: I need to think of May-related/spring-related names for the babies now though :lol:

Matty - you neeeeed chinchillas :D

Thanks Susie, Gemma and Matty :love: I need to think of May-related/spring-related names for the babies now though :lol:

OOOOH Sprng names,

Daffodil
BlueBell
Vie (means "life" in French)

Cant think of anymore right now, I'll have a think! :wave:

she's booootiful:love:

always wanted a chinchilla (or several) so please post lots of pics of yours so i can coo over them:D

I've been asking my OH and my parents (need to have their permission as I rent off them sadly) and they're really against it! I got Marvin without consulting anyone and don't want to push my luck :? Not sure what to do! :(

I've never had baby chins before but Linda who I adopted my pair from has been so helpful :love: so I feel a little bit prepared! She is very big now and not leaving her nest box so they should be on their way soon :love: you will be able to see them when you come around with the piggies :D

I need to stop looking on Gumtree :oops: but I've got some amazing bargain cages for the hammies off there

Owwwwww:D I cant wait to meet them:love:
I think you need to do a mass head count before I leave ;):lol:

She's a real cutie and I'm glad she's ended up with you. If you're lucky she'll just have the one kit. But you better take pictures. :mrgreen:

Shes the spit of my boy Gummer :love:

I saw a pregnant chinchilla for sale online not long ago, might be the same one?

She's a real cutie and I'm glad she's ended up with you. If you're lucky she'll just have the one kit. But you better take pictures. :mrgreen:

I will :mrgreen: I can only feel one baby but the girl said she should have at least two. She had 2 in her last litter I think

Yes I will do a headcount especially of anything pocket-size like chinchilla babies :shock::lol: I am going to do a photo diary like you are doing with the piggies :love:

Aw, she's beautiful :love: Her and her babies will be in safe hand now. I looked after a chinchilla for a week and he was lovely, really funny to watch free ranging :)

She is gorgeous. :love::love::love:

What a wonderful thing you have done.

I didn't know there were hetro and homo beiges.

My grey girl had a baby 6.5 years ago, Dad is beige. Baby is even darker than mum. Rescued but told 2 girls. They are a happy little family.

Of course dad was neutered staightaway.

Back