• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for people who buy Pets at Home hay

I stopped buying P@H own brand as it went quite dusty and short stalks, if I have to buy from there I get Burgess :wave:

ive been getting the naturals range (by PAH) i get the one with carrot and apple. buns seem to really like it but its in a funny place in my pah so you might have to ask. i only use the cheap stuff for bedding but am going to buy some fresh bales on sat.

I find that a bag of their timothy hay only lasts a week, Buckley is a single 3 month old lionhead.
It gets a bit short towards the bottom of the bag as well.
The quality is very inconsistent. One week it'll be too green, the next there will be no green in it at all. And it's SO EXPENSIVE.
Their meadow hay isn't bad. Generally a good balance of green and brown (Buckley likes it brown and stalky) and it smells quite nice.
The woodlands hay (which is petsathome putting on their friendly face) is about a pound more and has carrot and apple bits in it and smells lurrrrverrrrlyyyyy.

The hay cookies smell AMAZING and Buckley loves them but because they're so heavily compressed they don't have the long long pieces of hay that bunnies so dearly love. Also, they're really :censored: messy. Bunny teeth + hay cookie is similar to sand paper + mdf. Muchos dust.

I only get their hay because OH is paranoid about hay from a farm having mites... I would rather get farm hay because it's cheaper and you know it hasn't been sat in the plastic for months on end potentially festering...

I usually buy from The Hay Experts (used to get small bags of different hays from Animal Magic, but they don't do them now). I think Spenser likes variety, but it's difficult to tell what he really likes. One day he'll favour one type, then it will be something else. Actually he really loves Morrison's straw, but it's got no nutritional value. He's getting to the end of bags of green oat and Western Timothy hay. I was thinking of buying one hay online and another locally to save postage as I'll soon not be working for a while.

I usually buy from The Hay Experts (used to get small bags of different hays from Animal Magic, but they don't do them now). I think Spenser likes variety, but it's difficult to tell what he really likes. One day he'll favour one type, then it will be something else. Actually he really loves Morrison's straw, but it's got no nutritional value. He's getting to the end of bags of green oat and Western Timothy hay. I was thinking of buying one hay online and another locally to save postage as I'll soon not be working for a while.

Have you tried Morrisons hay? Bunsk and Belle love it

Back