• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Bugsy UD I am on my home and she seems on the mend

She just wasn't herself this morning. She did eat her breakfast but not with the same enthusiasm as normal.

When I left she was munching bits of hay in her litter tray so I'm not worried she isn't eating. But something is nagging at me that she just isn't right.

I'm now stuck at work all day and have to go straight to evening class (last lesson and I can't afford to miss it), my O/H is going straight home from work and will report back to me how she is.

Worse thing is we go on holiday on Saturday and the bun's are going to stay with my Mum.

Pointless thread but just really worried, if she won't eat tonight then we will be taking her to the emergency vets.

Last edited:
I am sorry you have a day of worry about Bugsy. Hopefully he will be fine when you get home and he just felt like stressing Mummy out over nothing today xx

Thanks Liz :)

I hate leaving them for two weeks as it is, but when she isn't a 100% it makes it worse.

Although Bug's loves being at my parents so I'm sure she will be fine

Sorry, I put he :oops:

I hope you have had a good update about Bugsy now.

I am sure she will be just fine with your parents :)

Thanks Jane and Liz.

Bugsy still isn't herself, I'm in the vets at the moment waiting to be seen.

She still isn't herself and her right ear is swollen now. :cry:

Oh bless her :( I hope the vet can get her easily sorted. I was wondering how she was getting on. Please keep us updated x

Sending loads of vibes that she's okay and that if there's anything wrong it's easily fixed :wave:

She has been admitted :cry:

I feel like the worse bunny mum in the world.
They don't know what is wrong so they are monitoring her.

My parents will pick them up when the vets call.

You are NOT.

I really hope that the Vets can quickly diagnose the problem and get her onto the correct treatment.

Maybe it is a severe infection of some sort and aggressive abx/analgesia and intensive nursing care will get her feeling alot bettet

Sending mega vibes for her xx

You're not a bad mummy at all. ;) Sending lots of vibes for Bugsy and I'm hoping they can work out what's wrong very soon and get her back home where she belongs. :love::love:

You are definitely not a bad bunny mummy, if the vets don;t know whats wrong with her how are you supposed to know! She is in the best possible place now.

Sending lots of vibes for a quick recovery xx

Sending lots of vibes for you and Bugsy. Hope she is feeling better this morning.

I will say this, You cannot possibly be a bad bunny mummy, you noticed a change in her behavior straight away, bad bunny mummys would not notice. And, you got her to the vet asp.

Dont beat yourself up, we do our best every day. hugs to you

Had an update from vet, they think alfie has bitten her ear.

So they are treating it now. Fingers crossed this is all it is.

I feel like a bad bunny mum going on holiday while she is ill.

My parents should be able to pick her up tomorrow, and she does like staying there.

I hope that's all it is too. :D

I'm sure she'll be well looked after by your parents. ;) Try to enjoy your holiday.

Norty Alfie! I'm sure Bugsy will perk up now they know what the matter is, and your parents will undoubtedly spoil the pair of them to bits while you're away, so try not to worry and enjoy your hols :wave:

Well I am on my way home and Bugsy is getting better.

She was in the hospital for 5 days, they weren't entirely sure what was wrong.

My poor mum had to deal with injections, medicine etc, but sounds like she did an amazing job :love:

Once I have her home I'll feel much better.

Back