• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

plz reply as soon as possible plz!!!!!

shadow05

Mama Doe
hi every one :wave:,

i got a dog crate today. it wasnt in very good condition but now ive cleaned out and treated the rusty parts with WD 40 it looks a bit better. ive got everything set up and that but i cant stop worrying about the fact that i used WD 40 i didnt really think this through very well.

do u think that scooter will be okay? ive given the parts that i used it on a good clean with detol disinfectant.

plz plz help i need to know quit quick if hell get poisoned or something because hes in the dog crate now checking it out and doesnt seem to be too fussed on the parts that have it on.

Both WD40 AND Detol are TOXIC to Rabbits

I would remove him IMMEDIATELY and not put him back til the crate has been washed several times with boiled water

okay thank u ill do that now ill put him back in his carryer and get too work right away. :shock::oops:

Not good at all! As Jane said, get him out before he ingests any. Hopefully there weren't any fumes still in the cage...

ive had the window open all the time ive done this.

ive got some really hot water with soap in it. ive used detol before but its normal what i use to wipe my walls down with.

never used WD 40. i dont know why i didnt check if it was okay first. im panacking now cause ive got college tmmorow and hes without a home at the moment. :shock::cry:

ive had the window open all the time ive done this.

ive got some really hot water with soap in it. ive used detol before but its normal what i use to wipe my walls down with.

never used WD 40. i dont know why i didnt check if it was okay first. im panacking now cause ive got college tmmorow and hes without a home at the moment. :shock::cry:

Yeah, I think if you just give is several washes over, then leave it to dry, it should be ok, it shouldn't take too long. I never would have thought to check either, so don't worry!

At least if the window is open there will be plenty of ventilation too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Since when did you decide to get Scooter a crate??

Yeah, I think if you just give is several washes over, then leave it to dry, it should be ok, it shouldn't take too long. I never would have thought to check either, so don't worry!

At least if the window is open there will be plenty of ventilation too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Since when did you decide to get Scooter a crate??

im still betting myself over it. do u know what i should look out for just in cause ive he does get posioned? i just wanna make sure.

oh ive had down on plans of things to buy for ages. its quite a big crate im not sure on size i got it in market for £20 so it was a very good deal it did have a dog in it before but the person who sold it to me said he disenfected it a long time ago. u could probably fit a german sheperd or a st bernad in it?

my bf wanted to get my a bday pressie and i told him he could help me with get some things for scooter. :D

i was really excited about the cage and now im just worrying about it. :(

oh yea ive got some other news as well i finally went and got my first tattoo.

im still betting myself over it. do u know what i should look out for just in cause ive he does get posioned? i just wanna make sure.

oh ive had down on plans of things to buy for ages. its quite a big crate im not sure on size i got it in market for £20 so it was a very good deal it did have a dog in it before but the person who sold it to me said he disenfected it a long time ago. u could probably fit a german sheperd or a st bernad in it?

my bf wanted to get my a bday pressie and i told him he could help me with get some things for scooter. :D

i was really excited about the cage and now im just worrying about it. :(

oh yea ive got some other news as well i finally went and got my first tattoo.

Oh gosh I don't know, I think (hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that if he was only in there for a short amount of time, it shouldn't be too much to worry about. Just make sure he's got plenty of fresh water, and that he is eating still :wave:

Crate sounds good, what are you planning on doing with that then? It's good, once it is clean it will be a great addition for Scooter! Do you think you could put a second level in it (or is that the plan already!) Sorry, not seen you round here in ages!

You got a tattoo, what of? I have some news too, don't know if you saw... click!

Oh gosh I don't know, I think (hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that if he was only in there for a short amount of time, it shouldn't be too much to worry about. Just make sure he's got plenty of fresh water, and that he is eating still :wave:

Crate sounds good, what are you planning on doing with that then? It's good, once it is clean it will be a great addition for Scooter! Do you think you could put a second level in it (or is that the plan already!) Sorry, not seen you round here in ages!

You got a tattoo, what of? I have some news too, don't know if you saw... click!

right then i hope hell be okay :cry:

well at the moment i cant really do much not got the money to put in the next level yet. so at the moment its just a dog crate and a pen its smaller than what he had before but still quite big.

ive been really busy with college they have really got us breakign our backs at the moment and ive also had load of other things too finally got a new doctor went in last week for a check up and they found blood in my wee which is weird but the nurse sent it away to see if there was something really wrong, ive got a feeling itll come back okay so no worries there hopefully.

i got a tattoo of some paw prints on the back of my leg but i plan to get another tattoo soon they were just to test if id be okay with having something bigger. the next thing im getting is a panther on my back but that will be a couple of months until i get.

I would avoid WD40 and dettol, stick to using white vinegar or just plain old warm soapy water, a drop of washing up liquid into a large bucket of warm water then paper dry it, I would get a washing up bowl and a sponge and just sponge down each individual bar and then towel dry it - all sprays of any kind should be avoided like the plague around any animals - their sense of smell is far more sensitive and WD is very strong, you could have used some veggie oil initially to see if that would work perhaps?

awwh thats excellent news im glad to hear hes got a girl friend scooters still single. :(

i want to get him a friend and im absolutly sure i could handle too im dead certain but its just scooter i dont know how he will react and my mom wont let me get him a friend. bf suggested taking one of his females and trying them together but i told him it would be fair on his group of 6 cause they be seperated. :(

right then i hope hell be okay :cry:

well at the moment i cant really do much not got the money to put in the next level yet. so at the moment its just a dog crate and a pen its smaller than what he had before but still quite big.

ive been really busy with college they have really got us breakign our backs at the moment and ive also had load of other things too finally got a new doctor went in last week for a check up and they found blood in my wee which is weird but the nurse sent it away to see if there was something really wrong, ive got a feeling itll come back okay so no worries there hopefully.

i got a tattoo of some paw prints on the back of my leg but i plan to get another tattoo soon they were just to test if id be okay with having something bigger. the next thing im getting is a panther on my back but that will be a couple of months until i get.

It may take a while but it will be worth it when it's all sorted, and Scooter has lots of room to run around in! How has the pen ended up being smaller now?

I hope everything at the doctors goes ok, that sounds horrible!

Tattoo sounds amazing, my mum has a black panther clawing up her back, it looks amazing! i'm too scared of needles though :oops:

awwh thats excellent news im glad to hear hes got a girl friend scooters still single. :(

i want to get him a friend and im absolutly sure i could handle too im dead certain but its just scooter i dont know how he will react and my mom wont let me get him a friend. bf suggested taking one of his females and trying them together but i told him it would be fair on his group of 6 cause they be seperated. :(

They seem really happy together :) There is no point rushing to get Scooter a friend though, just make sure you get his accomodation sorted, have all the funds in place, then look at getting a girlie :)

How's the crate cleaning up then? :wave:

It may take a while but it will be worth it when it's all sorted, and Scooter has lots of room to run around in! How has the pen ended up being smaller now?

I hope everything at the doctors goes ok, that sounds horrible!

Tattoo sounds amazing, my mum has a black panther clawing up her back, it looks amazing! i'm too scared of needles though :oops:

They seem really happy together :) There is no point rushing to get Scooter a friend though, just make sure you get his accomodation sorted, have all the funds in place, then look at getting a girlie :)

How's the crate cleaning up then? :wave:

the pens a bit smaller now cause i didnt have enought room to keep the orginally size of the pen along with the crate. so the pen thats attached to the crate is now 5 by 4. if i cant get some of this furniture in my room tats not being used then hed have a massive home. but ill have to dream until then. :D

my dad had one and thats sort of one of the reason why i wanted one. the biggets reason is that they are my favourite animal if i could id have have them posters all over my walls or even have the room painted with a panther one it i think there one of the most beautifulest animals.

its okay ive wiped down everything that came in contact with the wd 40 but i dont know if it will be okay i cant really smell it anymore but scooter might.

orginally i put the WD on first then i put the dettol surface cleaner on in the hopes oh taking off the WD i feel right stupid now u know. its coming up 11 now and ive got college tmmorow i hope hell be alright.

do u think i should just not put him back in with the crate i might just close it off for a day or two to make sure. would wiating a couple of days make the chances of him getting postioned less?

i put him back in last night after cleaning it as much as possible he seemed alright this morning. he was being his normal destructive self he managed to throw he tunnel around and decided he didnt like the blanket in there either. gonna do some more work on it when i get in cause he keeps slipping on the floor in there, so im gonna put his rug back in and ill have to think of a way to put a quilt in and stop it from moving.

gonna ask my mom to keep an eye on him later just in case. ive told her if something seems off about him to take him to vets because she knows his personality as well as i do. i told her not to mess around either and take him straight there cause if hes posioned hell probably go down quite fast.

im still quite excited about that dog crate im well chuffed with it. gonna put a pic up later so everyone can see how ive done it and also if they could add any tips of wat else i could that would be great.

oh right ive got self adhesive floor tiles on the floor at the moment. and i cant get a hold of lino at the moment.

Back