• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would like you opinions please...

cloughie

Banned
:wave:

I have posted about this topic before but didn't get much of a response :( would really like everyones opionion as I don't know what to do :(

I have a trio (1 boy, 2 girls - all neutered)...they have been perfect together since the start of the year, however, since this warm weather has set in they have the odd scuffle every other day or so.

Every now and then my 1st girl will get aggressive and chase/ pull the fur of the second girl and sometimes the boy, the second girl does the same but most of the time its the first girl that starts it.

The fur pulling has been quite harsh and has resulted in both buns getting sometimes quite big surface wounds, which is not nice to see :(

All settled down for a week or so but they are back at it again and both have fresh surface wounds.

I don't know what is causing it? they're perfect together any other time...flopping out side by side, grooming each other etc so its not as though they hate each other!

I will try and book time off work soon to bring them back in for a bonding session.

Just wondering what else could I do to improve things? Is this their bond breaking...would you rehome one bun?

I am considering rehoming the new girl but not sure if it is the right thing to do?

Don't have any bonding experience, but I think quite a few buns (including my single neutered buck) are a bit excitable at the moment. I hope someone with experience comes along soon with some suggestions.

Awww bless lil spencer :love::love:

I'm guessing it is spring fever but wondering if it is unkind to keep them together because of the wounds they keep recieving :(

I have heard a lot of people reporting unsettled behaviour and I would actually consider the warmer than normal weather as being a cause to be honest. I think some buns are finding it a bit uncomfortable and taking out their grumpiness on others.

Is it warmer than normal where you are?

We had a bought ourselves of chasing with even our most settled of pairs when it was Spring Fever and this change of seasons seems to have made quite an impact.

Mine have started this since the warmer weather too. Spring seems to be doing funny things to bunnies :shock:

Hope you can get it sorted. :(

p.s. Off topic...but who is Marley? :wave:

I have decided to rehome Phoebe as they are still scuffling...Phoebe has recieved a bite to her ear and now Roxy has 4 bite marks around her eye :(...I have split Phoebe from Pebbles and Roxy so hopefully no more scuffles...its not idea though as Phoebe is in the run and Pebbles and Roxy are in the playhouse :?

Sadly I cannot keep Phoebe on as a separate bun as I could be made redundant soon and my OH job is only secure until June so its just not financial viable :(

Sarah - Harley was my second bun...I had just bonded him to Pebbles but sadly he escaped and was killed by a fox...poor mite xx

Joey is being very dominent at the moment, he is humping Teddy quite abit which I havent seen since I bonded them in the beginning and he's chased Dreamer when they've free ranged a couple of times only half heartly and not aggressively more playful but really think this a tough time of year testing bonds.

How much space do they have?

Joey is being very dominent at the moment, he is humping Teddy quite abit which I havent seen since I bonded them in the beginning and he's chased Dreamer when they've free ranged a couple of times only half heartly and not aggressively more playful but really think this a tough time of year testing bonds.

How much space do they have?

I have rehomed Phoebe now, she is living with Trufflebun on RU :) I think this year was too testing for these 3...they were getting very aggressive towards the end and recieved too many nasty injuries :(

I hope things work out for your buns x

Back