• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ings dilemma...How long will it stay fresh??

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I am just about to order my second bag of Ings hay. My first bag was the medium size (£12) which I have been using for 3.5 weeks and still prob have 1-2 weeks worth left. The bigger bag is double the size and only £4 more. Can someone tell me, if I get the bigger bag and it lasts me 10 weeks or more, will it stay fresh all that time? If not I will get the smaller bag as I don't want to waste it :wave:

Last edited:
As long as you store it somewhere dry but out of the plastic wrapping it will last up to at least six months. Hay is only cut in the summer and then stored for the rest of the year by farmers. Looked after properly it will last indefinitely. :wave:

As long as you store it somewhere dry but out of the plastic wrapping it will last up to at least six months. Hay is only cut in the summer and then stored for the rest of the year by farmers. Looked after properly it will last indefinitely. :wave:

Oh thank you :wave: I would have to keep it in the bag though (or a bag of some kind) as I don't have anything else to put it in! :( looks like I'll have to get the medium bag again then.

I have the big bag for 2 bunnys. Kept bag open at the top and it's been fine! Lasted me ages :lol:

I've just had to order the biggest bag, Jessie and Oscar between them have eaten half of the medium bag in just over a week :shock::shock: The bag I had before though lasted about 2 months and was still just as fresh at the bottom :wave:

I've just had to order the biggest bag, Jessie and Oscar between them have eaten half of the medium bag in just over a week :shock::shock: The bag I had before though lasted about 2 months and was still just as fresh at the bottom :wave:

OMG Wow!! :shock: I thought mine were keen but obviously not!! :lol: they eat a lot more Ings than they have any other, but nowhere near as much as yours!!! :wave:

OMG Wow!! :shock: I thought mine were keen but obviously not!! :lol: they eat a lot more Ings than they have any other, but nowhere near as much as yours!!! :wave:

It's Jessie, she's a hay monster, and it's encouraging Oscar to eat loads too!

Was shocked when I picked the bag up today how little was left, but then it is used in their litter trays too now, so that could be some of it...

Back