• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a male or a female be better to introduce to my trio.

MichelleGsPets

Alpha Buck
I've got a trio of neutered males together. I was just wondering if I ever was to add another rabbit would a male or a female be better?

Also would it be best to keep the rabbit by itself untill old enought to neuter/spay and then introduce or is it ok introducing an uneutered/unspeyed rabbit and once its old enough then neuter?

Not planning on introducing another rabbit but.. you never know, they can be addictive ;)

I would suggest only introducing a spayed or neutered bunny to try and minimise the risk of breakups. Gender wise though, personality is more important than gender.

All that said, do be aware that it could rock the boat and you could end up with two pairs, or four singles, and a different trio with different single, etc.

It is unusual for 3 males to live together in harmony, if they were mine I would not do anything to alter their relationship as this could destroy what you currently have and coud result in injury and / their relationship to disintergrate that they require to be permanently separated.

Enjoy them as a threesome:D

Back