• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harness/Lead

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I want to get one for Milo so I can take him into the back (communal) gardens to play. While he was at Bobtails last week they put him on the grass a few times and I want to keep doing it with him. It is fenced in but I would never have a hope of catching him without the harness.

A word of warning ...a lot fo rabbits do not like harnesses and will thrash about once in them..some have been known to break their backs:cry:

Also it would be advisable not to take your bunny onto communual ground as you do not know what germs/diseases there may be on the grass there, or indeed if any pesticides/weedkillers have been used

And if a loose dog ran up to attack your rabbit you may not see it and/or be quick enough pick yout rabbit up

If you need to use a harness only use it on your own garden where you know he will be safe:D

I would be very careful with a harness I use them but only in 100% safe enviroments it just gives me piece of mind when they are out, however they have all been able to slip out of their harnesses even though I though they were 100% safe in them & correctly fitted, I really dont trust them. Could you not try a pen in your garden much safer way of exercise:wave:

Also, they are much faster than you think and if you are trying to keep up with them and stumble you could hurt yourself or fall on the rabbit. I would secure an area before using a harness. I put my first two buns on one in my own enclosed garden to make it easier to catch them. It didn't. Once was quite enough! It was slightly amusing watching me launch past the kitchen window apparently though. :lol:

Back