• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of the buns smells fishy

shelley

Mama Doe
I came in from work earlier and a really rotten fish smell hit me in the kitchen, after checking the bins and sink and the fridge ive found that its comming from the bunnies. Is it because its hot and the litter trays need changing or is it something else? Ive got 2 buns, a male and a female in a seperate cage/create. Im trying to find out what the smell is before i actually have to stick my nose right in as it smells horrific. Ps i only changed their litter trays yesterday

Hmm Ive never smelt a fishy smell around my buns before :?
Id check them over really well for abcesses (they can smell HORRIFIC when they burst) and get a vets appt to have them checked over :wave:

Parsleys inner ear abscess smells of rotting fish when it gets bad - lift up the ears (if they are lop) and take a sniff!

Sometimes mine (well Smudge mainly and not for a long time) smell a bit when they get, erm, horny. *cough* Are they neutered?

How old are the buns? They might be reaching sexual maturity and starting to produce sexy smells :oops:

I'd also echo what others have said about infection...this can smell rank...check all over the body, in the ears and in the mouth for smells/sores

Well i checked them both and it isnt actually them, they are both neutered/spayed. As far asi can tell it appears to be Lola's wee :oops:

Back