• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weetabix ...

I gve mine shreddies today for the first time and blimey medicating them all was amazingly good :shock: :lol: They went crazy, although wouldn't wantto be feeding them lots everyday but as a treat or for medicating can see it being nice for bth of you.

Its fine to give them its just wheat they only have half of a biscuit each and not often :) it s nice little treat for them. they also have
Readigrass

Digestive biscuit

Jacob crackers

Plain bread sticks

Dried bread

Ryvita

Hay

Broccoli

Curly Kale

Carrots

Celery

Pears

Apple

Parsley

Greens

mint leafs

corriander x

Mmmmm, maybe for the medicines it would be good, although i deffo don't need ir for panacur as my two love it and try to bite the whole tube out my hand when they get it.

Shreaded Wheat is okay since it's 100% just wheat.

Weetabix is mostly wheat but I wouldn't feed it since it does have other stuff added, including sugar.

I definately wouldn't feed digestive biscuits :?

a neighbour of ours used to feed weetabix to his rabbit years ago. He also recommended a little oatmeal mixed with used tealeaves. have never tried it, but often wondered. Is it a no-no?

I said in a previous thread that I feed weetabix but only as a way of getting them to eat if they have stopped. It is a rare occasion but I have found that it is usually a winner and stops me having to force feed. And I am talking a corner rather than a whole biscuit. My vet said if it got them eating, a little bit would not be a problem. Obviously do it regularly and it can cause problems.

a neighbour of ours used to feed weetabix to his rabbit years ago. He also recommended a little oatmeal mixed with used tealeaves. have never tried it, but often wondered. Is it a no-no?

My OH had rabbits when he was a lad and fed them oats and tea leaves ;)

Back