• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mistys pulling his fur out again =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
He did this when Crystal died and hes doing it all over again now that Princess is gone :( I really dont know what to do he'll be bald by the time he gets a new friend :( I wish I could speak rabbit so I could be his social companian until I can get him a new friend :( my poor boy

:( Poor Misty.

I think Jacks-Jane's bun (i cant remember which, sorry Jane :oops:) had a bun who had an epic grief moult and lost a LOT of fur.

Big hugs

Jane's lovely Eddie lost his fur, but I don't know if it was moult or barbering.

How fast can you move to get him a new friend Crystal?

Ive emailed a local rescue about a girly thats been there 2 years just waiting for a reply, princess's old owner emailed me saying that I was more then welcome to have one of the baby minilops she has in the nest at the moment free of charge as she knows they'd be going to a good home but with Misty being 4 1/2 I dont want to get a baby rabbit.

I have CJ but she constantly has a messy bum that needs cleaned everyday and ive so far found maggots twice on her now so I dont want to risk it and put her with Misty as I dont want her attracting the flies to him :(

Could you call them? You'll likely get a faster response.

Can you give him a cuddly toy? Or something of yours to snuggle with? Also lots of stimulation? different stuff done with his food?

Im a wimp when it comes to ringing people :oops::oops::oops:

Il try and pluck up the courage when I finish work, I keep telling myself im doing it for Misty.

also what different things could i do with his food?? il go on a major bunny toy shopping spree when i finish work and find a nice little cuddle toy :)

Yes, you can do it for him. Its harder to do things for yourself, but when you do them for someone you love it can make it easier. You CAN :)

How do you feed? Bowl? scatter feed? hide the food?

Maybe try teaching him to scatter feed? maybe a treat ball? Maybe try like putting some pellets in the middle of a toilet roll and stuffing hay in each end so he can smell them and has to work for them. Stuff like that.

Honey has phases of doing that, I don't know why :( I thought last time was because she was lonely, but now she is back with Olly and she still does it a bit :? She can't be bored because they have their own room to free range in, with lots of tunnels and toys and hay, so I really don't know!! Sorry no advice, just wanted you to know you're not alone! :wave:

Back