• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I cover a slope with?

samantha m

Warren Scout
Hiya
I have put my guinea-pigs in a new hutch yesterday as it is now bigger for them, but the slope doesnt have anything on it, just as wood and I they dont seem to be going upstairs so I am guessing they dont like it, as there last slope had a slight covering on it kinda like what is on a roof of a hutch I think, and they loved going up and down that one.
I was thinking like a carpet tile or something on the slope, or my mum said a thin sand paper, is that right? or is ther esomething better I can put on it?

Thanks for any help :)

My buns have a platform in their room with a ramp going up to it, the ramp is covered with carpet and they both go up it fine :wave: you'd have to watch they didn't start eating it though! Mine don't luckily :) the carpet is just stuck down with carpet tape :wave:

I'd go with carpet, sandpaper could really hurt their poor little feet as they don't have any fur on them!:wave:

Hiya :)
Thank you, I will have a look at some carpet tiles to put on them for them, and hope they dont eat it. I thoguht the same about the sand paper aswell but wanted to ask advice on here. They have been down the slope today, but still havent gone up lol

Back