• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can buns eat cereal??

:oops: i knew i should have known this.... bella has had some corn flakes tonight, not a lot.... grabbed a mouthful and ran.... will she be alright?? :(

I wouldn't expect a little bit to hurt, but I can't answer that with 100% certainty! My bunny has eaten rubber buttons off a remote control before, so I'm sure a few accidental cornflakes will be ok!

I wouldn't expect a little bit to hurt, but I can't answer that with 100% certainty! My bunny has eaten rubber buttons off a remote control before, so I'm sure a few accidental cornflakes will be ok!

:oops: bella's eaten remote buttons too :oops: i sound like such a bad bun owner tonight..... ever think you're having one of those days?? :(

:oops: bella's eaten remote buttons too :oops: i sound like such a bad bun owner tonight..... ever think you're having one of those days?? :(

Sometimes they are just too quick to stop or you don't realise until it's too late, it doesn't make you a bad owner! I think they know they are being naughty and are just trying to get some attention :lol:

Sometimes they are just too quick to stop or you don't realise until it's too late, it doesn't make you a bad owner! I think they know they are being naughty and are just trying to get some attention :lol:

thing is she jumped up on my lap and i thought 'awwwww bella wants a fuss...' then she mugged me!!! :roll:

i swear that bun uses me :lol:

hahaha, then she mugged you, love it :D
bunnies are the worst for sneakiness!

when chul was here yesterday, lucas had his toys out.
one of them, some big floor shapes, has a plastic zip bag thing that they are stored in.

snowball was obsessed!
he kept on jumping on my knee, i was sat thinking he was being all loving, but nope, every, single, time he was sneaking his head round the back of mine to get to chew on the bag he wasn't allowed :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha, then she mugged you, love it :D
bunnies are the worst for sneakiness!

when chul was here yesterday, lucas had his toys out.
one of them, some big floor shapes, has a plastic zip bag thing that they are stored in.

snowball was obsessed!
he kept on jumping on my knee, i was sat thinking he was being all loving, but nope, every, single, time he was sneaking his head round the back of mine to get to chew on the bag he wasn't allowed :lol::lol::lol:

norty little snowball ;) he just wanted to show how much determination he has :lol:

A little bit probably won't hurt, unless it's a bun with a particularly sensitive digestive tract.

It's not something I would feed intentionally though. :) Too starchy, and in the case of cornflakes, they'll have sugar and salt in too.

A little bit probably won't hurt, unless it's a bun with a particularly sensitive digestive tract.

It's not something I would feed intentionally though. :) Too starchy, and in the case of cornflakes, they'll have sugar and salt in too.

she normally has a tum of steel :) but you never know when something will be the one thing too far and thats what im worried about :(

When mine don't eat and I need a treat food, I give them a bit of weetabix. (the cheap Sainsbury's ones) and they go mad for them. It's very rare, but sometimes you'll try anything to get them to have a nibble and get the stomach working again. I have also tried porridge oats soaked in water but they weren't as keen. That was recommended to get some weight on my 'wormy' bun. I wouldn't go for the more processed ones like corn flakes as they are high in sugar and too fake (I LOVE them though!) but I think a couple won't hurt. It's like when my dog ate a small box of milk tray. I was panic stricken but there are worse types of things to eat.

When mine don't eat and I need a treat food, I give them a bit of weetabix. (the cheap Sainsbury's ones) and they go mad for them. It's very rare, but sometimes you'll try anything to get them to have a nibble and get the stomach working again. I have also tried porridge oats soaked in water but they weren't as keen. That was recommended to get some weight on my 'wormy' bun. I wouldn't go for the more processed ones like corn flakes as they are high in sugar and too fake (I LOVE them though!) but I think a couple won't hurt. It's like when my dog ate a small box of milk tray. I was panic stricken but there are worse types of things to eat.

:shock: wow milk tray, your dogs got good taste ;)

im gonna just keep an eye on her. shes had porridge oats before whe she had sore hocks and stopped eating, she loved them :)

matilda is a teeeef! lol she steals everything! lol she bit my blackberry phone cover with my phone inside and ran off down the stairs with it the other day:roll:

You won't believe this, but they were a sealed packet. He got into them by tearing gently at the seal, opened the box without any damage and ate the chocolates. He did it on our bed which he's not allowed on too. They were on my bedside table. Cheeky monkey. I call him my milktray-ninja man. No idea how he did it. I only ever give him a Cadbury's button but he has always had an eye for chocolate. He was a rescue from the streets of Manchester so I figure he probably couldn't be fussy.... until he discovered luxury and milk tray!

You won't believe this, but they were a sealed packet. He got into them by tearing gently at the seal, opened the box without any damage and ate the chocolates. He did it on our bed which he's not allowed on too. They were on my bedside table. Cheeky monkey. I call him my milktray-ninja man. No idea how he did it. I only ever give him a Cadbury's button but he has always had an eye for chocolate. He was a rescue from the streets of Manchester so I figure he probably couldn't be fussy.... until he discovered luxury and milk tray!

eekk becareful feeling chocolate its toxic to dogs! my friend dog had half a big cadburs bar it was over £200 on vets bills and the dog almost died!

That's why I said I was panic stricken. He wasn't given it on purpose. A lab I knew ate 3 after eights and died. The darker the worse it is apparently. Though not as bad as a grape or raisin.
Anyhoo, I think human food should be a very rare treat in whatever form for any animal and use weetabix as an emergency food only. I'd rather they started eating than force feed them, so if it works, , then it's ok once in a while.

Back