• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

re-bond

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Ok, my 2 fluffs had a fight a few months ago which lead me to split them up. I'm thinking of re-bonding them....they are both due to go to the vets for a vhd jab on friday, could I stick them in the same carrier so they go to the vets together? I also can't get time off work to be with them all the time so my boss has said I can bring them to work with me everyday and put them in the secure yard in a smallish space (which you can see from the window at the back of the shop) There's nobody else at home who can watch them for me, so its the way it will have to be.

I would not combine the stress of traveling, meeting a new friend and having a VHD at the same time. The bunnie's immune system will be affected anyway by the stress of meeting again and you don't want that if you are going to be hitting it with a dose of VHD too. You should wait in my opinion and introduce at a later date.

I would not combine the stress of traveling, meeting a new friend and having a VHD at the same time. The bunnie's immune system will be affected anyway by the stress of meeting again and you don't want that if you are going to be hitting it with a dose of VHD too. You should wait in my opinion and introduce at a later date.

How long?

How long?

Well I'm not sure of the veterinary recommendations but if the buns were mine, I'd probably leave it at least a week, maybe two. Baring in mind that the vaccine manufacturers timings for the vaccine to become effective is actually three weeks, I'd say a few weeks might be a good idea. I guess it would all depend on how you think the bond could go. If you know there will be some aggression or defensive behaviour, then I'd leave it longer myself.

Back