• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Evie needs mega vibes please - u/d p 145 She's gone

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe I am typing this but we had to rush Evie our blind conti to the vets when I got in from work at 4.30pm, as she has started with headtilt :cry: I thought I was imagining it at first until I got Mark to check & he agreed with me. She was also circling in her dog basket & clearly not well :cry:

I can't believe how quick it's happened as she was fine this morning when I went to work & I'd even nipped home at lunchtime & she was fine - 4 hours later she wasn't :cry:

Our vet thinks it's connected with her right eye that hasn't yet been operated on, as she's been doing fine & we didn't want to put her through such a big op unnecessarily. They believe she has an infection in her eye tissue that has tracked up into her inner ear, as she's tilting quite badly to the right :cry:

Evie's been started on zithromax & metacam, as well as having a gut stimilant as she's stopped eating. She's also being panacured for EC as a precaution. We're back on Thursday for a check unless she needs to go tomorrow. Tonight she's only eaten one dandelion leaf, a stalk & few strands of hay - she won't entertain anything else :cry:

If we can get the infection under control & her head back to normal, she will probably need to have the tissue in her right eye socket removed as soon as possible :cry:

Please send our brave, special girl all the vibes you can spare please xxx

Last edited:
Oh no, so very sorry to see this news. :( Sending lots of vibes and extra special love to Evie. xxx

Oh Evie :cry: after joining in with your fundraiser you have become one of my very favourite RU buns.

Sending every single good vibe I have to you xxxxx

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this Denise. Poor girl. Sending lots of vibes for Evie, she is a fighter though, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you both. Will be thinking of you and waiting for updates. xx

Have sent you a pm, but wanted to send as many vibes as possible.
She must be so confused just now, wee soul. I hope she gets through this. xx

Thank you so much everyone - we really appreciate you thinking of Evie.

Have sent you a pm, but wanted to send as many vibes as possible.
She must be so confused just now, wee soul. I hope she gets through this. xx

Thank you Kirsty - I've replied. I know what you mean re the confusion :cry: Thankfully for now she's not rolling & hope to god she doesn't start, as she won't cope with it with being blind I'm sure :cry:

Guess we take each day as it comes & pray her strong willed personality & determination helps her recover.

Back