• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bella's eye is weeping again :0( what do you guys think it is??

shell1805

Mama Doe
last night when i was putting bella back for bed, i noticed her eye was weeping again :( its really sticky dicharge, do you think she has the conjunctivitus back again??

or could it be her teeth?? the vet said it would be a hard discharge if it was a tooth issue and that there would be swelling which she has not got.

i cant get her to the vet till saturday due to my hubby working till 8 every night but the vet was happy to prescribe fucithelmic eye drops untill she is seen so i picked those up and have started her on them tonight.

im starting to worry this is something more serious :(

as you know mabel had weepy eyes twice, and only recently we found out she had probelms molars teeth, hope bella will be ok

Could it be tear ducts, Poppy has blocked ducts from tooth roots and it's a whitish discharge, not hard.

as you know mabel had weepy eyes twice, and only recently we found out she had probelms molars teeth, hope bella will be ok

was it sticky discharge?? bella did have an ulceration on her eye and it is only one eye weeping. she hasnt gone off her food or lost weight :(

They can flush the duct to see if there is s blockage. If they can flush it that should stop the weeping, I believe sometimes it can take several tries.

Poppy's ducts are so blocked they won't flush, they can normally determine if it's caused by overgrown tooth roots by x-ray.

However, if Bella did have an ulcer previously it could perhaps be a connected problem or a re-occurrence (I'm not an expert at all, just surmising).

They can flush the duct to see if there is s blockage. If they can flush it that should stop the weeping, I believe sometimes it can take several tries.

Poppy's ducts are so blocked they won't flush, they can normally determine if it's caused by overgrown tooth roots by x-ray.

However, if Bella did have an ulcer previously it could perhaps be a connected problem or a re-occurrence (I'm not an expert at all, just surmising).

your thoughts are really helpful, i want to be as clued up as i can be for saturday so i can ask all the right questions :wave:

im really worried about her :(

your thoughts are really helpful, i want to be as clued up as i can be for saturday so i can ask all the right questions :wave:

im really worried about her :(

Try not too worry although I know it's hard. It could be something as simple as a piece of hay scratching the eye and causing irritation, that's how I always try and look at things when I know there is nothing I can do immediately.

Poppy has constantly got a weeping eye, it doesn't seem to bother her and as long as Bella is ok in herself at the moment that's waht matter until you can get her to the vets.

:wave: thanks guys, im more concerned with it than she is. she is acting like her usual self and stole some of my corn flakes tonight :shock: (can buns have corn flakes?? :? )
she hasnt lost her appetite so im taking that as a good sign, just hope it not her teeth :( i dont want my bubba to be in pain :(

Back