• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need your advice time for parent convincing

rabbitz123

Warren Scout
okay so i need your help basically when we got pheabea i did'nt dare ask for another one for companion as i guessed my parents would go mental

but as ive had pheabea for 6 month ive decided now the time to clock up a plan
well basically pheabea accomondation rubbish i hate it its small and my dad brought me the hutch second hand as a last minute because pheabea was unexpected buy from an show and she was living in a crate in my bedroom for a day when she was a baby

anyway my idea is ive saved up money to buy a bigger hutch 5-6ft so ill convince them on that first then im attaching it to my run its a small run but im going to expand that (thats another story) and pheabea will have lots of space and because she has lots of space im prepared for another rabbit

money not an issue as i have a job an get paid monthly so i alway say to my parent ill pay

help please advice appriciate as my parent are stuborn and there a lady rehoming rabbit near me and i want her beautiful buck

When I have asked for rabbits, I have always found my mum is an easier target lol, who then manages to persuade my dad for me, do you think your mum if you spoke to her would be the easier one? or are they both gonig to be as hard to convice?
If not just explaint to them, that you want Pheabea to have a friend so that she isnt lonely, and as it is all gonna be your money that is being put towards the new bun and the hutch, then hopefully they wont say no.

Good luck :)

I would just ask for the bigger housing first. If they say no find some leaflets and websites detailing how much space rabbits need and how important it is.
Remind them how much space rabbits have in the wild and the amount of exercise they do to stay fit and healthy.

Then, once you have the bigger housing start working on getting the second rabbit. When it comes to this part I'd just say "I've saved up enough to get a second rabbit, neutering and vaccinations for the first year, is it ok with you if I get one? Pheabea must be really lonely, how would you feel if you never saw another human being in your life?"

A second rabbit is a much bigger commitment to parents than allowing you more space for the rabbit you already have so that's definitely what I'd start with. Too much at once is likely to make them say no off the bat.

Back