• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got A Huge Confession. Please dont Hate Me...

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
Right here goes, please don't hate me.
I know you all will probably think I'm stupid. But oh well.

I've been meaning to post this for months, never got round to it, chickened out every time. :oops::(

Some of you might remember a while ago I had a thread about how my dad had found a rabbit at his work, and he gave it to someone, and it had a litter of bunnies.

And I said I was going to get one of the bunnies, but I said no more on the subject...

Well, I did get one of these bunnies, and I introduced him to Sox, they both got on great and even though it wasn't my intention to bond them until they were neutered, they seemed to like each other.

But one night I put Buttons (little choccy colored mini rex bun) back in his hutch, and when I woke up in the morning he was sitting all hunched and wasn't himself, but he was eating and pooing. So I went to school. When I got home Buttons had died, I don't know what happened too him.

I never mentioned it on here, I didn't want to say anything till I knew I was keeping him, and that it would work with Sox, then by a few days I had lost him, and I didn't want to say anything. I'm not sure why, really don't know. I was embarrassed I suppose, I know im an idiot. Sorry.

I then went back to the person who had gave me Buttons and told her the sad news, she said 2 of the other babies had died also, and I wasn't to feel guilty. All of the bunnies from the litter have died now, coincidence or a genetic thing? I'm not sure.

Please don't hate me. I know I was stupid not to phone the vet.

I can't believe I have no pics of this bunny as I never wanted to get attached, I actually hate myself for this as now I have no memories..:cry::cry:

I just felt the need to tell you guys on here. Don't know why, just felt like I was living a lie.
Even though it was quite a long time ago, and he was only with me for 5 days,I miss the little fella like crazy. He was truly the most cuddly bun ever, and even though Sox had only met him twice, he still showed signs of grieving I think.

I'm so so sorry I left it so long, it just kind of hit me hard today and I felt I had to get it off my chest...:cry: Sox and Buttons could possibly have been a properly bonded pair right now, if I'd done something when I noticed he wasn't himself. I'm so stupid.

Sleep tightly, Buttons: 14th July 2010-12th September 2010 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been forced to go to school and leave ill buns, only to return to find them dead :cry: Of course you'll blame yourself for it but at the time you don't feel like you have a choice. I am sorry for you loss, don't beat yourself up too much.

If the whole litter is dead, then it must be genetical, surely? :? How sad :cry:

awwww you silly ****** being too scared to post.... we could of comforted you at the time :(

sounds like even had you rushed to the vet the baby bun would of still died, probably a litter who should of never been born (just like Pearl and her siblings)

im so sorry for your loss :cry: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry about Buttons. Doesn't sound like there would have been anything you could have done. Don't be hard on yourself.

Take care. Hugs to you. xxx

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry :( Don't be hard on yourself, and you shouln't have to say sorry to us. I'm so sorry, hugs to you and binky free Buttons and his brothers/sisters xxxxxxxxxxx

oh bless you.. hugs. don't be too hard on yourself. we have all made choices we have regretted, and we have all had to learn along the way. sounds like something genetic as all the babies passed away so probably nothing you could have done. x

You have opened up your heart to us. An extremely difficult thing to do I would imagine.

Well done.

Out of the sadness hopefully will come some peace and comfort.

We are always here to help. Perhaps the next time you post a thread it will be a happier one and with no worries and pain.

Take care.

I'm so sorry about Buttons :cry: It must have been hard keeping that to yourself as well.

Binky free at the Bridge Buttons. x

What a shame you have been keeping this to yourself. I am so sorry this happened and it def doesn't sound like you could have done anything.

I agree... shame youve had to keep this to yourself:(
Too many people are being jumped on latley making members almost scared to post..
Really sorry for whats happened to you:cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss. It doesn't sound like there was anything you could have done.
Binky free Buttons xx

So very sorry for your loss :cry: :cry: :cry:

Such a shame you felt the need to keep it from us. Sometimes I worry that this happens too much on this forum for fear of people attacking them.

Thanks guys. I know I should have said, looking back I was stupid not to say anything. :( Sorry, :oops::oops: Do you think anyone would mind if I posted a thread in rainbow bridge for him..?xxx

It wasn't your fault at all, I doubt the vet could've saved little Buttons, it's very sad, but was meant to be I think x

So sorry xxx
(((hugs))) to you, and nite nite to Buttons and his brothers and sisters xxx

Back