• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just out of curiosity

How much do you pay for emergency vet consults? Ive never had to have one thankfully! *touch wood*

Im just curious though as im totalling up the cost of a bunny...ill probably end up regretting it! :lol:

At one vets they charged £88 for the emergency consultation, at another they charged £150!!! Big difference! That was before the cost of medication etc :wave:

i think it used to be 120 for the appointment then any treatment on top.

Alvin was admitted overnight for stasis and the total was £350. we had to pay £150 deposit and the rest when we picked him up.

no idea how much it is here but i assume its over £100.

It depends on the time of day :) If it's super late at night it's £90, if it's just late evening (after normal closing time) it's quite a bit less.

I've always paid £60 to walk through the door, and treatment on top, be it late in the evening, just after closing or weekend.

Mine charges the same whether it's 7.00 pm or 3.00 am, which I think is a bit odd. It's £110. I thought it was a bit mean charging me that for a consult at 7.00 pm when he was still there (surgery closes at 6.00 pm). Half would have been OK but the whole lot seemed a bit steep :(

I've only been in as emergency once, they took him straight away, said he was still eating and that he could wait a bit, so about half an hour later he got in and it was about £40 which included pain relief and antibiotics

Did you know that our vets now uses Mk out of hours as well so you don't have to go all the way to Barton Le Clay :D They are good vets there too

Do they, that's good! It was a bit ridiculous expecting people to travel an hour in an emergency. I went to the MK one on your rec last time anyway lol They just faxed the local one the info afterwards.

Back