• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Three Oldies - Couple More Pics page 4

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Following the passing of our Tululah and Buster being quite subdued, I have started to bond him today.

I initially tried him with our old single lady Sally - yet again she saw her suitor off and so I stopped it early.

So having discussed with my OH, our next choice was a pair of agouti ladies who have been with us for rehoming for over a year now with no interest whatosever. They are now about 6 and with Buster being 10+ we felt they were the best match out of all of our own buns. So far so good!

Photos don't say too much as it's very early on, but my guts tell me this is going to work. All are now settled having had a bit of mounting earlier.

Fingers crossed because it will mean that the ladies can be moved to a larger accommodation - that of our permanent residents, rather than the 8ftx3ft hutch they've been in so far.

FirstHour006.jpg

FirstHour005.jpg

FirstHour002.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh looking good :) I shall use these photos as inspiration for my trio bonding.

Hopefully I can get some pictures soon, but they are in 3 different corners at the moment!

Ooh looking good :) I shall use these photos as inspiration for my trio bonding.

Hopefully I can get some pictures soon, but they are in 3 different corners at the moment!

Would love to see Liz. These have also sat at different ends but they keep switching and it's all very calm now. Thankfully.

Lovely pics and glad it's going well :) Those ladies are lovely :love:, I love agouti's but sadly everyone I know see's them as 'plain' :(

Aww Poor Buster, he must really want company, he has a sad look in his eye as if to say I want to be friends.

Looks like the ladies are happy with him. Hope it continues well.

Lovely pics and glad it's going well :) Those ladies are lovely :love:, I love agouti's but sadly everyone I know see's them as 'plain' :(

I think this is quite a problem as we haven't had a sniff for these two. Their age will not have helped either but normally it's the agouti issue we have. I love agoutis too. These two are so special and have the most amazing eyes!

Oh no Jane, who were you bonding?

Dermot and Rodney.

I have been trying for 4 days. But Dermot is such a nervous boy with dodgey guts. Stress can set off one of his 'episodes' and this morning he was bordering on one. I could not risk any more stress, Rodney was definitely intending on being top Bun and in the end Dermot dared not move :cry:

:love::love:It looks really good so far, no fur flying anyway. I really hope it will work out for them, especially the ladies who will love a bigger area to love in. 8 x 3 isnt exactly small though!

Dermot and Rodney.

I have been trying for 4 days. But Dermot is such a nervous boy with dodgey guts. Stress can set off one of his 'episodes' and this morning he was bordering on one. I could not risk any more stress, Rodney was definitely intending on being top Bun and in the end Dermot dared not move :cry:

Oh no. I know what you mean. I worry so much about stressy buns. I tried Bea and Floss's two girls with one of my boys a few weeks back and her rex was so stressed that we didn't proceed. I'd hate to see a bunny with a stress related issue that I could have avoided.

Will you try them again some day?

Aww they are such lovely bunnies.:love: I love agoutis and have one myself. I don't understand why anyone would not like them. Good luck with the bonding it looks like its going really well so far. I've just finished bonding my 4 bunnies with two OAP male buns (8 and 7 years old) and it was much easier. Start really small and increase the size I think is the best advice I was given. :D

Hope all goes well, I have a good feeling about this and hope the two girls behave well for this grieving bunny :love:

Hope all goes well - they look well as a group :love:

How lovely if the two ladies have their forever home with you - they are beautiful :love:

Thanks folks. All good here. Lots of washing, happy flopping, a bit of thumping and masses of hay eating. I also put some jingle balls in the pen and Vally (the uppy eared agouti girlie) has been throwing them at Buster. Not sure if she's inviting him to play with her to try and see him off, but they are all very amicable and I am now convinced that this will work. No signs of it just testing the water, it's all positive.

As we speak Valentine has just chucked the ball again. Really must catch it on video:D

Thanks folks. All good here. Lots of washing, happy flopping, a bit of thumping and masses of hay eating. I also put some jingle balls in the pen and Vally (the uppy eared agouti girlie) has been throwing them at Buster. Not sure if she's inviting him to play with her to try and see him off, but they are all very amicable and I am now convinced that this will work. No signs of it just testing the water, it's all positive.

As we speak Valentine has just chucked the ball again. Really must catch it on video:D

Want to do a swap, its all kicking off big time here?!!

Want to do a swap, its all kicking off big time here?!!

LOL I'm due a success story here Liz as my last two didn't work out sadly. If I could have a go for you (not that you need any help) I'd love to! Shame you live so far away! That of course is the get out for me :lol: - a sleepless night for you tonight?

Back