• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how pretty does my house look :)

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
IMG_4242.jpg

living room wall

bathroom door
IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

lucas' bedroom door

my favourite favourite wall sticker - wonder why ;)
IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

bedroom door plaque. it's a solid mirror, looks a lot nicer in real life than the picture :)

didn't realise how dirty all my doors are :oops:

might have to remove stickers, paint the doors and then put them back :oops:
seems a shame to make all that effort since i'm moving though - that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!

didn't realise how dirty all my doors are :oops:

might have to remove stickers, paint the doors and then put them back :oops:
seems a shame to make all that effort since i'm moving though - that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!

we have white doors no matter hooww much u clean them there still dirty lol x

Ooooh!! Where did you get the stickers from? They're fab!!:D

How easily do they come off the wall?:? I rent.

Lovely stickers.

Any news on the moving front ?

You can just wash the doors down with a moist cloth and cream cleanser, they don't look like they need painting at all. Says me looking at bunny wee on my wardrobe door. Don't mention the wee stained carpets either.

Lovely stickers.

You can just wash the doors down with a moist cloth and cream cleanser, they don't look like they need painting at all. Says me looking at bunny wee on my wardrobe door. Don't mention the wee stained carpets either.

I use nail varnish remover on any really stubborn wee stains on my floor (tiles). It works incredibly, when vinegar and even bleach wouldn't shift them.:shock:

I use nail varnish remover on any really stubborn wee stains on my floor (tiles). It works incredibly, when vinegar and even bleach wouldn't shift them.:shock:

Wow must try on the tiles. The worst stains I have are on the beige bedroom carpet. At the door entrance and behind the curtains. Looks like sprinkles of orange.

Found a lovely mound of neat poos and a puddle of wee in the bathroom last night. I thought what a clean bunny.

Think you are doing well and your house looks a great environment for a kid :D

i'll run and get a picture of the inside of his bedroom door to show you all :D
i painted it in the 3 primary colours when he was a newborn, so growing up he'd be able to learn them easily :)

Very nice, they will be great for Lucas to learn from!
i hope so :)
i could read by the time i went to school, i want lucas to be able to as well :)

we have white doors no matter hooww much u clean them there still dirty lol x
they just look minging lol.
in my new house, i want to change them all to wooden doors, look so much better.
not wasting the money in this house though!

Ooooh!! Where did you get the stickers from? They're fab!!:D

How easily do they come off the wall?:? I rent.

they sell them in b and m, home bargains and wilkinsons. i got all of the stickers in the pictures from home bargains for £1.99
bargain :D

they peel off quite easily. i stuck one in the wrong place and it just peeled right off. will try again in a week to see and let you know how easy it is after they have settled :)

Lovely stickers.

no news yet, still looking like october :(

i've tried cleaning them before tbh, it's a pain in the butt, they just don't get clean.
they are really really cheap doors, really thin so rather than sitting on the top, the dirt is absorbed right through to the other side and won't come off (only know that's why coz i accidentally split one of them in half - don't ask how haha - and that's when i saw what the problem was)

no news yet, still looking like october :(

i've tried cleaning them before tbh, it's a pain in the butt, they just don't get clean.
they are really really cheap doors, really thin so rather than sitting on the top, the dirt is absorbed right through to the other side and won't come off (only know that's why coz i accidentally split one of them in half - don't ask how haha - and that's when i saw what the problem was)

Thats a shame about moving.

Your doors look solid. The ones in the old flat used to drive me mad. They were very very cheap and hollow. Saw them at home base, £6.00 each. Someone had put the original Vicotorian ones in the garden and were rotted. I always wanted to replace them. They were painted so many different colours over the years.

Cream cleanser does work, but lots of it.

Thats a shame about moving.

Your doors look solid. The ones in the old flat used to drive me mad. They were very very cheap and hollow. Saw them at home base, £6.00 each. Someone had put the original Vicotorian ones in the garden and were rotted. I always wanted to replace them. They were painted so many different colours over the years.

Cream cleanser does work, but lots of it.

I can assure you, they are far from solid lol.

This is what they look like when the bit of wood at the side holding the 2 bits together falls out
Not solid in the slightest.

Believe me, have tried to clean them, but because they are so thin, the dirty bits have gone right through to the back of the door and they just won't clean. doesn't bother me much anyway. i'm a bit of a scruff :lol::lol::lol:

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

I have to ask as I'm a bit :shock:....how can you get away with painting the doors?! :shock: I have three monthly inspections on my house to make sure I'm not destroying it. (I just so happen to have lovely doors...but would have loved to paint Ol's room a colour other than magnolia. :roll:)

Oh my and stuffed with polystyrene. I wouldn't bother if you are rentlng.

I love the way your have painted the back of them. Clever idea.

I have to ask as I'm a bit :shock:....how can you get away with painting the doors?! :shock: I have three monthly inspections on my house to make sure I'm not destroying it. (I just so happen to have lovely doors...but would have loved to paint Ol's room a colour other than magnolia. :roll:)

I don't know the rules, didn't bother to read them lol, but the inspection lady didn't say anything when she saw it. (Back when I had an interview for a house last year)

You're only allowed to paint magnolia? rubbish!

With it being housing association, as long as I don't wreck it, I can do whatever I want. It's pretty much the same as owning it, except I don't have to pay for repairs :lol::lol:

I don't know the rules, didn't bother to read them lol, but the inspection lady didn't say anything when she saw it. (Back when I had an interview for a house last year)

You're only allowed to paint magnolia? rubbish!

With it being housing association, as long as I don't wreck it, I can do whatever I want. It's pretty much the same as owning it, except I don't have to pay for repairs :lol::lol:

Ah....that'd be it. Mine is a private rental. I'm allowed to put up 8 picture hooks without asking, but that is all. When I leave I have to repaint the Walls to get rid of any marks.:shock:

Ah....that'd be it. Mine is a private rental. I'm allowed to put up 8 picture hooks without asking, but that is all. When I leave I have to repaint the Walls to get rid of any marks.:shock:

Mines private too Ali, but i can do as i please with the place, its even written into my tenancy agreement.

Only thing is, i have to put it back to how it was on the inventory before i move out :wave:

They are strict. When I rented I use to love painting. Last place (10 year ago), I painted one kitchen wall with silver metal paint. The beams in the living room bright red and wooden mantle purple. I did the hallway a rich blue colour.

Back