• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby's vet visit

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
I had the vet examine her and we can see nothing that could have caused her stasis :?

I know it was a while a go now that she did stop eating, and she has been bright as a button since the last time :love:

I think it might be because we were out later than usual on both occasions maybe :?

I had the vet examine her and we can see nothing that could have caused her stasis :?

I know it was a while a go now that she did stop eating, and she has been bright as a button since the last time :love:

I think it might be because we were out later than usual on both occasions maybe :?

I may have an answer for you Shelly. It's not one you may like however.

Biscuit experienced a bad GI slowdown whenever we left him on his own (all before Ginger). People here, me, and the vet all confirm - Biscuit suffers from 'Seperation Anxiety'. He can't handle being alone. This doesn't happen now he has Ginger, but when Ginger passes, i'm going to have problems i can guarantee it if i dont have a trio at that time, or if i dont act quickly.

When i say bad GI slowdown, he would refuse all foods, would not produce any faecal output, or urinate all the time we weren't there. It'd take ~1hr for him to begin eating, and another 20-30 minutes before he would drop the largest amount of faecal matter you've ever seen.

Does that sound like Bobby at all?

I may have an answer for you Shelly. It's not one you may like however.

Biscuit experienced a bad GI slowdown whenever we left him on his own (all before Ginger). People here, me, and the vet all confirm - Biscuit suffers from 'Seperation Anxiety'. He can't handle being alone. This doesn't happen now he has Ginger, but when Ginger passes, i'm going to have problems i can guarantee it if i dont have a trio at that time, or if i dont act quickly.

When i say bad GI slowdown, he would refuse all foods, would not produce any faecal output, or urinate all the time we weren't there. It'd take ~1hr for him to begin eating, and another 20-30 minutes before he would drop the largest amount of faecal matter you've ever seen.

Does that sound like Bobby at all?

She seems to be fine whilst we are out but the nect morning will refuse all food and just not poop or wee.

It may just be a coincidence.

her teeth are really good, I didn't have an xray, can't really afford that :cry:

When she was a lone house bun, I used to work two jobs and she never ever did this then :?

I think I will have to just put it to the back of my mind for a while because I will send myself mad :cry:

I had almost every test under the sun done on Pie (except x-ray, didn't want her to 'go under') and the only 'issue' she might have is a slightly abnormal Caecum which we are looking into.
I just found putting her on a VERY simple diet and soaking the pellets (I cannot stress this enough, it has totally changed her, and she only has 5 pellets a day)

I had almost every test under the sun done on Pie (except x-ray, didn't want her to 'go under') and the only 'issue' she might have is a slightly abnormal Caecum which we are looking into.
I just found putting her on a VERY simple diet and soaking the pellets (I cannot stress this enough, it has totally changed her, and she only has 5 pellets a day)

She has lost a little weight since we cut down her pelletts to 7 a day :) Which is good she needed to.

She does look and act a lot better.

I didn't have lots of tests to be honest just bloods, but I think that it may just have been one of those things .

could just be naturally prone to it :( regarding the separation thingy though, I think that lone buns dont miss company as they dont really know what they are missing but once they do realise then they get sad and lonely.

how much does she drink.. my new theory :lol:

alvin hardly drank before , i rarely saw him at the water bottle/bowl and he had awful stasis as you know :(

well 7 months here and we have had one 2hr blip sorted by metacam without the vets being needed...he drinks for England and as well as the hawthorn branches i feed, 0 fruit and less pellets he seems almost like a normal rabbit :shock:

i think brummie water must taste rank :lol:

could just be naturally prone to it :( regarding the separation thingy though, I think that lone buns dont miss company as they dont really know what they are missing but once they do realise then they get sad and lonely.

She has a friend though, not much else I can do, I have to go out sometimes/

how much does she drink.. my new theory :lol:

alvin hardly drank before , i rarely saw him at the water bottle/bowl and he had awful stasis as you know :(

well 7 months here and we have had one 2hr blip sorted by metacam without the vets being needed...he drinks for England and as well as the hawthorn branches i feed, 0 fruit and less pellets he seems almost like a normal rabbit :shock:

i think brummie water must taste rank :lol:

Loads, I seem to be feeding more veg and less pellets now, and she does seem so much more livelier

Back