• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a pets at home baby bunny in my bedroom...

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I've been telling my friend for ages she needs a friends for her rabbit. I kept on showing her pictures of the rabbits in the rabbits in need section and saying why she should get a rescue rabbit. I even hinted that we have rabbits at our branch of the RSPCA that need homes. But she was insistent she needed to find the right rabbit for her and she'd know the rabbit when she saw it...

I've given her the funding breeders lecture but there's not much more I can do on that front. She had to lie to pets at home and say that the rabbit wasn't going with another rabbit or they wouldn't let her buy her. In one respect silly as they have a huge sign saying rabbits are best in pairs... but I guess good in another respect because most people haven't got a clue about bonding. They started to speak to her about vaccinations and she said "Yeah myxi and VHD" and the woman looked really shocked that she knew. :lol:

But I guess little baby will have a great life with a responsible owner. She will be spayed, vaccinated and have a friend which is more that most of those little babies. But I just feel so mean at the same time. She was happy with the other rabbits binkying around and we took her away and now she's on her own. Not for long though but I just feel so horrible. I think she's a boy and pets at home are wrong, so we shall see when she gets a check up at the vets.

So that's why I have a baby bunny in my bedroom. She is very cute though.

Well at least you told her everything so you've nothing to feel bad about, it's not your fault she chose to ignore your advice :roll:

Like you say at least the new bun will get vaccinated and be bonded properly with another bun so it is going to get a better life than it otherwise might have had.

Back