• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two buns in one carrier

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
We're taking Jessie to the vets for her vaccinations and check-up today, so I guess that means taking Oscar too.

Think it should just be big enough for the both of them, thank goodness we won't be gone long! Any advice how to get them both in the carrier, one is usually hard enough! :lol::lol:

my technique - start trying to get them into the carrier half an hour before we need to leave. Get one in. Catch second one. Open door to put second one in - first one runs out. Second one is in. Catch first one. Repeat until (hopefully) they get tired of it before you do! haha.

that was before we got a top-loading carrier, which I find easier and would definitely recommend.

my technique - start trying to get them into the carrier half an hour before we need to leave. Get one in. Catch second one. Open door to put second one in - first one runs out. Second one is in. Catch first one. Repeat until (hopefully) they get tired of it before you do! haha.

that was before we got a top-loading carrier, which I find easier and would definitely recommend.

:lol::lol: That's what I'm worried about! i might have to look into a top loading carrier, do you have a link for a good one?

One in close door. Scoop other, fling door open, put second bun in. Close door rapid fast!

Reading the above. I guess I'm an expert. Take me 2 minutes max to get my buns in their carriers. :oops:

i just kind of push them in really quickly so they don't know what is going on lol! reggie is the slower bunny so i put him in first. Ruby who can turn around and run off faster then the speed of light gets pushed in second and the door shut quickly. Usually poor reggie gets squished by ruby as she is trying to get back out!

good luck!

Or else do what you see rescue societies doing on TV shows and tip the carrier on it's end whilst loading the critters! Then the front door effectively becomes the top and bunny can't escape. It does mean you need to quickly return the carrier up the right way once both buns are in or else they'll be sat on top of each other :shock:.

All of the above, then once they're in the little so-and-so's will decide to sit squished up together in one corner so you end up walking into the vets really strangely like a sideways hunchback as the carriers all off balance :roll::lol:

All of the above, then once they're in the little so-and-so's will decide to sit squished up together in one corner so you end up walking into the vets really strangely like a sideways hunchback as the carriers all off balance :roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: - I know that feeling well!

:lol::lol::lol: Thankfully it will be the OH carrying them, and not me!

Thank you for your ideas :wave: That top loading carrier looks brill!

I've never had a problem getting my three buns in the carrier for the vets hehe. Just pick them up, and pop them in, grab some of there hay, put that in and then close the door. They never try to get out hehe.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
That really made me smile... so true!

I wouldnt be without a top opening carrier.. so much easier than trying to get a bun out of a front door ..whos sitting defiantly at the back:roll:

tempt with banana or other treat if all else fails. They wont mind being squashed up they will enjoy the snuggle !

I use 2 carriers to start with - get a bun in each carrier (or else the first will hop out when I open the door to get the second in).

Then I put the carriers facing each other, with no space between them, and take out the grids from the front. One bun will hop in with the them, and whichever carrier that is I put the grid back on (before removing the other carrier).

Works for me! (Good job I have lots of carriers :lol:)

Managed to get them in surprisingly easily! Jessie ran in herself and just sat there when we picked Oscar up, we've got another 15 mins before we need to go now :roll:

Managed to get them in surprisingly easily! Jessie ran in herself and just sat there when we picked Oscar up, we've got another 15 mins before we need to go now :roll:

:lol: I always allow loads of time, and then end up really early for my appointment :lol:

top loaders are so much easier if you have more than one bun.

you can easily get to the one you want without pushing the others out of the way... my 3 all sit in one end too! :)

i love getting them home and opening the door, they all poke their little noses out before running out.

Back