• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunny have a cuddly toy?

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
So she has something to snuggle upto in her hutch?
Anything Ive got to look out for/avoid when choosing one for her?

As long as she doesnt chew it and that there is nothing small she could choke on (i.e eyeballs). Also, is she spayed? Not sure about girls but with boys they need to be neutered first because if they do hump stuffed animals this behavior could carry on to humping other rabbits. Which may make bonding more difficult.

As William said, as long as it doesn't have small bits that could be bitten off and swallowed. Also keep a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't tear it appear. If she starts to chew it, remove it.

Sorry, I don't know if there is any reason why she can't have a friend?

I have a single bun due to health reasons. She has a fluffy pink rabbit that she occasionally washes.

Make sure the fur of the toy is not too long. Tiesto disembowels any fluffy toys on site, bless her:lol:

My guinea has a teddy bear as he fights with other piggies. He loves it and takes it into his bedroom. I do think he humps it though as well :shock: :lol:

Jacob and Bella have a mouse each that are meant for cats. Jacob is always given his mouse kisses:lol::love: Bella likes to throw hers about, poor Mr Mouse:(

I have found out from past experiences that many bunnies, particularly the solo ones enjoy having a teddy to cuddle to.

Obviously make sure that any dangerous objects on teddy are removed.

IME, many nervous bunnies will happily snuggle up to a teddy. I then very slowly start to stroke the teddy and gently move across to the bunny.

When I used to foster bunnies with behavioural problems for the RSPCA, a cuddly toy always worked wonders. :D:D So much more comfortable to snuggle to than just a ceramic bowl. Rather like having a comfort blanket.

Same as everyone else has said.

Phe has a little cuddly toy cow that he adores. He cleans it and carries it about in his mouth then snuggles up with it! :love:

Back