• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slower eating...

clarebear

Mama Doe
I'm sure Bramble is eating much slower than he did before his neuter (or maybe I am just paranoid). He eats all his food, but it seems to take him ages - his tea of veggies was normally gone in a flash. Is this unusual?

If he's eating more slowly but still eating everything I'd just keep a close eye on him. If he stops eating or doesn't eat as much, then I'd be concerned.

AMETHYST

Their metabolism slows down with neutering so they need less food so he may have less need for them. I've also found that single bunnies will eat slower than if there is competition for the pellets.

I've cut down on Bramble's pellets and veg to get him eating more hay again. I'm sure we're not getting as many poops as before his neuter though. :?

Definatley not as many poops from Bramble over the weekend, to the extent that I thought my Mum-in-law must have cleaned out his poopy tray (she was looking after him while we were away). Should I worry? :?

Definatley not as many poops from Bramble over the weekend, to the extent that I thought my Mum-in-law must have cleaned out his poopy tray (she was looking after him while we were away). Should I worry? :?

If you are at all concerned, i would recommend you contact your vet and discuss your concerns.

You could always take him in for a checkup.

Back