• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you stop overgrooming??

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Winter is over grooming Rimmi!

Its not boredom.... they have squillions of toys, 100% free range (in the kitchen and livingroom only after Rimmis naughtiness!), treats, hay etc......

I thought it was mites to begin with, they were both treated in case, even though the vet and I found no trace.

Please??

Poor Rimmi has barely any fur on the back of his ears!!

His skin doesnt look sore, just a bit bald! Its just his ears. He is not moulting. And we often see Winter giving his ears a good clean!

I would say if the skin isn't sore, to not worry about it. I had a couple who when they started to moult, their ears went bald randomly, and then grew back in due course.

I haven't yet found a way to deal with over grooming other than separation because invariably there is a reason for it. She's not making him sore though which is what happens with excessive grooming, so maybe she just has an ear fetish?

I would say if the skin isn't sore, to not worry about it. I had a couple who when they started to moult, their ears went bald randomly, and then grew back in due course.

I haven't yet found a way to deal with over grooming other than separation because invariably there is a reason for it. She's not making him sore though which is what happens with excessive grooming, so maybe she just has an ear fetish?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think its partly Rimmis fault, he always shoves his head under her demanding lickies and she always goes for the ears because his head is buried in her chest! :lol:

Alfie has the same problem at the moment - his ears are getting balder by the day. :roll: Just as with Rimmi, other possible causes have been ruled out so it's definitely over-grooming, but I don't know how to stop it either. :?

Back