• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for tomorrow please! - UD post 20

Pie

Warren Veteran
Tomorrow I am taking Oberon and Pie up the the rescue in Warwickshire for their final, actual "bond". Can I please have some vibes or thoughts with me tomorrow as Pie doesn't eat or drink while in the car and with her stasis issues I am VERY worried, as it is a bout 3 hours away. She will look ok and then stop eating after, almost like a delayed reaction to stress (but other than that she is usually pretty ok in the car).
Obie hates the car (has only been in one 3 times) and just sits and shakes and breathes very heavily, but he gets over things very quickly - the opposite to Pie. But not very nice to watch.
I am driving up there on my own and just very worried Pie will go into stasis through stress (when I'm not there) :(
I'm sure they'll be ok but it's the travel and then the bonding and then the drive back after a few days/a week...I am just very worried.

Last edited:
sending vibes your way hun, try not to worry though i know it is easier said than done. just focus on how happy they will be when they are bonded and that that is why you are doing this, for them :)

Be leaving in half and hour - hopefully the traffic won't be as bad by then. :roll:
Both are fed and watered and hopping about, lets hope they are still that relaxed when we get there :)

Have just got back. 6 hours driving, phew!
Stopped off at the Oxford services on the way up, Obie was still petrified and didn't move but as soon as the engine stopped Pie began eating which was a good sign.
Got there safely, both bunnies were eating and cleaning themselves so all went well. Feels so odd being at home without them though. I came in the door and shouted "hello kiddies" and remembered I was holding empty carry cases! :roll:

Thank you all for the vibes, will call th rescue in a couple of days and update this thread, Hopefully Pie won't beat Obie up too much! :oops: :roll: :lol: :love:

Day 5 - still not good

Sorry I haven't been online, been going through "stuff"...

Anyway, day 5 of Pie & Oberon bonding and Pie is STILL going for Obie. Not launching-going-for-the-throat but still biting him. He apparently adores her and is being so gentle and patient with her. She is just being a bully.
She is so soppy around people and so comfortable when next to him in the pens but as soon as he gets "in her space" she just hates it. :( And it's only when he turns his back and stops watching her, he'll go for something to eat and thats when she'll bite him. The rescue said that they have every faith that she will come around but in typical Pie fashion - it will be on her terms when she says :roll:

I am going to arrange to get them either next friday or saturday so the rescue can show OH what to do with Pie when she goes for Obie, I can't do it as I am too nervous and will make the situation worse.
I just don't understand why she won't get on with him, we can't try her with another bun as no other rabbit will put up with her constant bullying.
She has already bitten the rescue guy :oops: I feel so embaressed for her behaviour - this is not the Pie I know and love.

Please say its ok? Has anyone else had a tough bond? It should've been so simple, but Pie is making it harder for herself.
Feeling very deflated now... :(

Back