• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Princess Paw Paw and the new Palace

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
...well ok, hand me down hutch from Bouncer actually :lol:

As Sir Bouncer has accepted his new 6ft "batchelor pad" I was able to upgrade Princess Paw Paws accommodation and give her B's old hutch & run combo. Paw has been in a not-very-generous double decker (which was only designed as a temp hutch) with 24/7 access to a 6ft x 4ft run. B's old hutch n run is far superior as, although the run area is the same, the hutch sits on top of it (so takes up less space on the patio) & is a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft single so more hopping space upstairs for the little lady :D

I've spent all day today 100% re-painting it both inside & out + adding a few extra bits & bobs.

The hutch was made locally but we made the run ourselves. It sort of "evolved" hence why it sits on the short end of the run & not the long side :roll::oops: It is VERY solid though & the hutch actually weighs more than the 6ft one behind.

PPMay2011002.jpg

We've turned Paw's set up around as it would have been facing south. It doesn't look as pretty but of course that really doesn't matter. The comfort of the bunnies is paramount :roll: :lol:
Here you can see both combo's in situ:
PPMay2011003.jpg

...and here is her ladyship inspecting the new apartment..
PPMay2011007.jpg

PPMay2011005.jpg

Charming..
PPMay2011009.jpg

Love it! gorgeous colour hutch!

Were did you get that wicka basket thing from?, looks fab! :love:

It came from a car boot last year. My previous foster bun Jester loved to sit on top of it too :love: Bouncer "modified" it when I left it in his run for a couple of hours - hence the side exit :lol: Paw paw uses it as a feeding station & sometimes sleeps in it too :love:

Thanks for the nice comments guys :wave:

For info. the green paint is Wilkinsons own "Willow" from their "colour your garden" range.

The inside of Paw Paws hutch is painted white to keep it light.

...I am now designing a shuttering system to attach to each hutch... I may be gone some time... :lol:

I still think Paw-Paw would have like pink, or blue to match her plastic box. The tub of flowers is very pretty.:wave:

I still think Paw-Paw would have like pink, or blue to match her plastic box. The tub of flowers is very pretty.:wave:

I'm sure she would :lol: I have to remember though that the set up won't always have her in it & so it has to be fairly "unisex" :lol: I am planning to accessorise with some more girly things ;)

I'm sure she would :lol: I have to remember though that the set up won't always have her in it & so it has to be fairly "unisex" :lol: I am planning to accessorise with some more girly things ;)

That's good.:thumb: Spenser has some lovely pink zebra stripe blankies, being a buck that likes to keep in touch with his feminine side. ;)

That's good.:thumb: Spenser has some lovely pink zebra stripe blankies, being a buck that likes to keep in touch with his feminine side. ;)

I've visited the charity shops this morning and found two lovely pictures which I'm going to put inside the hutches. I shall post pics when they're in place :D

I did see some pink plastic boxes but one the same size as Paw Paws blue one was £7.50 which I felt was a bit steep for something which ...well... just gets pee'd & poo'd in :lol:

Back