• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Names ..

Depends on their character and/or colouring or the circumstances :wave:

A rescue bun i know was called Chance because he was a rescue. Dolly (i dont actually like that name! :lol:) was called Dolly because she was petite and like a little dolly when i got her. Marley was Harley, for no particular reason but then i decided he suited Marley better. The new addition is called Skye because shes a BEW :wave:

Id think of names, but its hard without a picture ;)

Yeah, all of my animals are boys. :wave:

most of my animals are boys, actually all but 2 are, but after having bella i have been converted over to girls :)

ok boy names:

murphy
monty
oliver
ralphy (though i know thats close to riley)
braken

I usually take ages deciding on names lol. I've had a goldfish called 'that white fish' for 3 years until yesterday when he mated with my female fish lily (who had eggs previously) then I named him James after Harry Potter's parents.

Birdbaby, my budgie got his name because I hand reared him from my Nan's budgie gang and has always been my baby bird.

Toni Harrison was nameless until my older brother named her after some character from a tv show Mighty Boosh

And Frankie became Frankie after a day of owning him and everyone kept telling me he had an old man's face. xD

Just go with whatever name comes to the tip of your tongue when you look at them. It's the name that suits them best! No matter how silly it is.

Depends on their character and/or colouring or the circumstances :wave:

A rescue bun i know was called Chance because he was a rescue. Dolly (i dont actually like that name! :lol:) was called Dolly because she was petite and like a little dolly when i got her. Marley was Harley, for no particular reason but then i decided he suited Marley better. The new addition is called Skye because shes a BEW :wave:

Id think of names, but its hard without a picture ;)

IM SO EXCITED ABOUT SKYE!!!:D:D:D:D

*tries in vain to calm down*

most of my animals are boys, actually all but 2 are, but after having bella i have been converted over to girls :)

ok boy names:

murphy
monty

oliver
ralphy (though i know thats close to riley)
braken

My dogs called Murphy, my dad's dog is called Monty. I like the names Oliver and Ralphy. I had a horse called Bracken. :lol: :love:

Yeah, all of my animals are boys. :wave:

Why not go for a girl bunny? It'd probably be an easier bond for you and Riley, that's all. Be horrible to get a baby bun, get it neutered and then find he didn't like your current bun. Then you'd have two singles :?

Hmm can't think of any un-common ones! :oops:
First one that sprang to mind was Ollie, then started trying to think of one that rhymed with Riley, no joy...:lol:

Chester
Jazzy.
Milo

Too common! ?
I'll keep thinking for you:thumb:
xx

Hmm can't think of any un-common ones! :oops:
First one that sprang to mind was Ollie, then started trying to think of one that rhymed with Riley, no joy...:lol:

Chester

Jazzy.
Milo

Too common! ?
I'll keep thinking for you:thumb:
xx

Love this name, had a little foal and named him this. :love:
I quite like the name Milo :D

Why not go for a girl bunny? It'd probably be an easier bond for you and Riley, that's all. Be horrible to get a baby bun, get it neutered and then find he didn't like your current bun. Then you'd have two singles :?

I'm getting a baby rabbit, some people are telling me to get a male but some are saying female. My mum and brother want me to get a male. :?

I'm getting a baby rabbit, some people are telling me to get a male but some are saying female. My mum and brother want me to get a male. :?

A female would be more likely to bond easier and not fall out again. It's why rescues recommend having one of each in most cases.
A baby rabbit isn't a baby for long and once it grew up it could cause problems.

Not saying they never work, just male/female does tend to be easier

Abi honey I really wouldn't advise getting a male for Riley. A male-male bond requires a fair bit of bonding experience :wave:

Looks like i'll have to get a female then. :(
It has to be a baby because I dont know how Riley will react with an adult.

Looks like i'll have to get a female then. :(
It has to be a baby because I dont know how Riley will react with an adult.

Could you maybe have a chat to a rescue about their opinion? I'm sure most would be happy to talk to you even if you don't intend on getting one from there.
Or ask to PM people on here who do lots of bondings.

Problem with a baby is once the hormones kick in, it can cause a fight anyway.

There's a few people on here who are fantastic with bonds so hopefully someone would volunteer to chat to you about what could work well? :wave:

ETA the rescues on here tend to be fantastic so might be worth asking one of them

Back