• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on bun my aunty got .. & a question ? - another Q post 3

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
she took him to the vet, turns out his back teeth are not that bad just now, but will need done in the future, he also has snuffles so is on anti-b's atm

am I right in thinking that snuffles isn't something that just .. goes away ? is it not something that will be with them for life or will recur again & again ?

OH said he also has pains in his neck ? like if you touch him he will try to bite ? )my OH just went up to see him & give his anti-b's as I can't manage up the 12 flights of stairs to my aunts :()

Last edited:
Its likely to be a reoccuring issue, but isn't always.

Is your OH sure its pain? Some rabbits can find it extremely uncomfortable to be touched there. Badger used to jump like I don't know what. Maybe he was telling your OH he didn't like it, as opposed to it hurt? Could the vet check the area when he goes back for a check up? (presuming he will go back because of the URI).

Its likely to be a reoccuring issue, but isn't always.

Is your OH sure its pain? Some rabbits can find it extremely uncomfortable to be touched there. Badger used to jump like I don't know what. Maybe he was telling your OH he didn't like it, as opposed to it hurt? Could the vet check the area when he goes back for a check up? (presuming he will go back because of the URI).

it may well be, I will try to get up to see him when my knees & back aren't as sore, yeah he will be going back to the vets once his anti-b's are finished, I think he is one of the buns who just doesn't like to be held, he is very feisty & has ripped my aunts arms apart .. now when they had Spike .. they had him for 5 weeks then handed him to us as he was "vicious" ... (he would chase your feet & dig them for you to pick him up .. )

if I do end up with him .. will he be able to be bonded or will he have to left on his own :(, I don't like the thought of him being on his own .. especially as he doesn't seem to fond of human company .. but I could still spend time with him if he does have to live alone ..

Back