• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

As a general rule...?

How much space in sq ft is recommended for 4 buns?:wave:

I'm mot sure there is a set amount but as a minimum I would go for adding 50% onto what is acceptable for 2. E.g. if you follow the RSPCA minimum sizes of 36 sqft then for 4 you would go for at least 54 sqft.

I would want at least two decent sized hide areas, maybe a double decker 6ft hutch, with a 9ft x 6ft run. Instead of a hutch you can have a shed with two levels for the same effect. I think you need to make sure they have the extra room to get away from each other :)

My group of 4 have a 6x4 shed with shelves in and attached 6x6 run plus grass run time

Last edited:
My four will have 119 square feet with their new set up :) I thought it was 100 square feet for 4?

It depends where you get your minimum for 2 rabbits from and how much extra you think that the other 2 need. Even if you double your 36 sqft suggested by the RSPCA it only comes to 72 sqft. I have heard of rescues asking for 60sqft so in that case you would be looking at 90sqft if you go for 150% of the space for 4 as you would require for 2 or 120sqft if you are wanting to double it.

I have four, one being a frenchie and they have a 8x6 shed with an 8x8 avairy :wave: i'd say a shed with a decent run attached.

Thanks guys, just exploring all my options as after introducing my three today, I think it's very possible that Cupcake will be left out in the trio, and a fourth bun may be an option to possibly balance things out a bit.

Probably won't happen, just wanted to see what possible acommodation sizes are:)

Thanks guys, just exploring all my options as after introducing my three today, I think it's very possible that Cupcake will be left out in the trio, and a fourth bun may be an option to possibly balance things out a bit.

Probably won't happen, just wanted to see what possible acommodation sizes are:)

Hey Chloe, As a general rule, ive heard that one bun gets left out a little more in a trio, however the bun thats on its own often changes, so they all get one but arent always together. I hope that makes sense! lol. Its early days though, so stick at it! :)

Please dont take this the wrong way, you know im not rude or snide with my comments usually, and i know your just milling things over but would you really consider a 4th bun? You said yourself in your YT video the other day that you couldnt afford the vet treatment for their sore hocks, which generally is a relatively cheap treatment compared to some. xx

ETA: Whats this weeks theme? x

Last edited:
Hey Chloe, As a general rule, ive heard that one bun gets left out a little more in a trio, however the bun thats on its own often changes, so they all get one but arent always together. I hope that makes sense! lol. Its early days though, so stick at it! :)

Please dont take this the wrong way, you know im not rude or snide with my comments usually, and i know your just milling things over but would you really consider a 4th bun? You said yourself in your YT video the other day that you couldnt afford the vet treatment for their sore hocks, which generally is a relatively cheap treatment compared to some. xx

It's fine, don't worry about it!:) I just meant I couldn't afford the £110 emergency consultation fee the day before payday when it wasn't an emergency:wave:

And it's "do what you want", as we missed it last week:) By the way, did you get my contest entry? xx

It's fine, don't worry about it!:) I just meant I couldn't afford the £110 emergency consultation fee the day before payday when it wasn't an emergency:wave:

And it's "do what you want", as we missed it last week:) By the way, did you get my contest entry? xx

Yup :thumb: i havent got round to leaving feedback or commenting yet. Ive watched it once but i was in a rush so need to watch it again. Its in my watch list along with 4 others. Ive ended up with more entries than i thought i would, its getting difficult!! :lol:

Do they have an attached run? Im just wondering as i will soon be bonding a 3rd bun with M&D and im just trying to decide weather i need an extra couple of feet adding on. x

From what I remember, she's not allowed to have runs attached to her hutches I don't think

No one's left out in my trio! :D :love:

DSCF7789.jpg

No one's left out in my trio! :D :love:

Awww so cute:D And you're lucky, I have heard quite a few cases of a third bun being left out... I really don't want that to happen with mine which is why I was toying with the idea of a fourth bun.

Buuttt as I only have 48sq ft of available space I don't think that's enough room for four, even though they'd only be in it at night.

Do they have an attached run? Im just wondering as i will soon be bonding a 3rd bun with M&D and im just trying to decide weather i need an extra couple of feet adding on. x

nope well not atm but they will be in a run all day from 6am-6pm

if I had my way they would have a shed and avery but my parents get in the way aha

From having a trio and getting a fourth bun in the hopes of evening up I'd say wait a while. Bonds change months into it. I never did manage to get them into a four and though every now and then I think about I don't think I will try now. You're more likely to end up with two pairs IMO.

Back