• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bottles/bowls

I gave mine the choice when they first came to live with us .... they both preferred to drink from bowls so that's what we use now. (although I'm forever changing it if they drag their hay into it etc etc). :)

My bun prefers bowls, but I prefer bottles so he doesn't knock it over and spill water everywhere! He has a bowl in his pen and a bottle in his cage.

I prefer a nice big pyrex bowls to bottles, in the winter it is easy to check that they have access to water in a bowl, whereas in a bottle it often freezes in the tubing.

I use bottles because when my bun was young his mummy died so we had to be mummy with a bottle but when its sunny or their drinking a lot i put in a bowl to help them not get dihidrated;)

I give them both, but since Spring came around, they are using their bowl much more than they ever have done. They have one of those dispenser type thingies...

Islay & Jura's new hutch by Niseag, on Flickr

although I have still kept their bottle on their hutch if they wish it, but I haven't filled it up in weeks.

I tried using bowls for a couple of days but still left the water bottles there but i found that hay kept getting into the bowls :roll:

Mine have both. Salt and Pepper by far prefer their bottle, and Daisy-Boo and Pippin prefer their bowl. I used to have a water dispenser like that, but Pippin kept jumping of top of it and it broke :roll: They're great though.

Both, it depends on the rabbit(s)

Marley n Dolly have a bowl in their playhouse and a bottle in their run. When they were inside they had a bowl as bottles kept me awake. The prefer the bowl though, but havent forgotten how to use a bottle, as i thought they might.

The new arrival will have a choice, she is used to a bottle, but id like her to get used to having a bowl :)

:wave: Mine have bottles.... I gave them ceramic bowls but they tipped them over, dunked hay in them or just left them alone. They drink out of bottles & i replace the water in them twice daily :D x

mine have bottles because the water stays clean and they can't tip it over.
I've tried everything with bowls and they make it their mission to tip it over. I had a dispenser type thing for a while but they pood in it and dragged hay in so that went.

I'm going to get one of those bowl bottles next time I do an order with zooplus though which should be easy to drink from like a bowl but hygeinic and convenient like a bottle.

Large stoneware bowls :D but they all also have a bottle as well. They only ever drink from the bowls.

The exception is the piggies, who just have a bottle. Piggies are, by nature, dirty piggies :lol: and drag anything and everything into their bowl, including copious amounts of poop :roll:.

Large stoneware bowls :D but they all also have a bottle as well. They only ever drink from the bowls.

The exception is the piggies, who just have a bottle. Piggies are, by nature, dirty piggies :lol: and drag anything and everything into their bowl, including copious amounts of poop :roll:.

And themselves when popcorning:lol:

Bowls for my rabbits too.

I use bowls

For Jose and Rainbow because Jose chewed and ate the rubber seal around the tube on 3 separate bottles!

And for Paddy and Peaches because they drink loads so they have a dog bowl :lol:

Back